Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anon2

ok really discouraged I need help with the reg.

ok heres the thing.

When I first started the regimen my face was almost 100% clear the fisrt week. I was using the neutrogena bp and experienced some dryness but that was expected. My face never looked better.

Then I suffered from the 2nd week breakout and I was a mess.

Shortly after I switched to dans bp. All this time I have followed the regimen exactly.....never skipped a day....and did it religiously reading the steps and the what to expect multiple times but heres the thing I have been on dans bp a while now and have been on dans reg for well over a month.My skin looks nothing like it did that first fabolus week. It is so dry I no moisturizer will help and forget makeup it clumps up due to the dryness and I am still breaking out a lot more that I have been then when I used the netrogena. I thought it was just the switch to dans bp at first so I continued using it. I start to clear up then boom a huge breakout and massive amounts of flakes and dryness that never has got any better it just seems to get worse. Last night I applied the same amount of bp i always do and I woke up this morning with what looks like a rash. I mean its not just facial redness its my entire face and neck that is red and it is very very noticable.

so heres my question should I give up the regimen that was working so well in the begining?

Or should I just switch back to neutogena on the spot?

Does dans bp and netrogenas bp have any different ingrediants that wopuld cause more irratation and this awful rash?

what should I do? I really wanted this to work but Its just continuing to get really really bad and I dont know why. I work in retail at a new job and want to make friends but this is highly embaraasing and painful. I wanted this to work for my wedding in 8 months maybe i will never have normal skin.

or what about a different moistuizer I use cetaphil now but should change gosh I dont know what to do.

try jojoba oil!!! the regimen exactly as dan says to do it has always made my face super red and nasty, till i discovered jojoba oil. it's an awesome moisturizer. use it with the bp and see how that goes.

also if that doesn't help your rash, maybe you are allergic to something in our bp??

unfortunatley other products with the jojoba oil in it over the counter broke me out severly. gosh i dont know what to do. Brandy where are ya girl???!

I'd say go back to what you were using before. Was the bp switch the only one you made, or did you switch any other products at that time?

If the bp switch is the only factor, switch back and see if your skin starts to clear up again. Perhaps there's an ingredient that just isn't agreeing with your skin. A rash is usually not a good sign. There's something your skin isn't liking right now.

well i switched from curel moisturizer to cetaphil about a week ago not sure if thats it tho either. thanks everyone I will switch back to the neutrogena tomorrow. Im going to let my face breathe tonight tho without any bp.

If you have a rash, you're definetly allergic to something...or your skin is just not having it, lol. I'd stop and see if your skin will get better.

Just wanted to tell you the same thing happened to me on the regimen. I was worse than ever actually after starting that. Sooo I went all natural and I'm so much better now hah. I actually have suspicions that the moisturizer I am using by recommendation from that regimen (complex15) was breaking me out too. It works for a lot of people, but not me. And apparently not you either. Haha.

Although I didn't switch products midway, I experienced the exact same symptoms. I too like Ind1g0 quit the regimen. I was too chicken to go all natural though. I went to my regular family physician and she prescribed a compound that consists of steroid + antibiotics, which I used all over my face for about a week. Then when my skin finally calmed down from all the acne and inflammation, I just switched over to AHA treatments. The whole process of quitting the regimen + replacing with prescribed compound + replacing with AHA was about a 2 week process and I haven't broken out since. It's been well over a month since I quit the regimen. My skin completely cleared up. I have no more active acne, but I do have lots of nasty scars left behind from the regimen. What's pretty upsetting is that all that acne has actually left me with some indented scars. I never had any on my face; not even chicken pox scars; so that was a real bummer. Anyway, enough with my ranting.. hopefully the peels I'm using now will help with reducing the scars. All in all, I suggest that you consider quitting the regimen if after the switch back to the other BP does not fix your problem.