Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey all! I'm about a week into my Accutane course and I'm about to run out of my current SPF lotion. I heard through the grapevine that SPF can actually sting during Accutane treatment since the skin gets so thin and sensitive. Does anyone have a suggestion for an SPF lotion (at least SPF 15) that won't sting and works well while on Accutane? Thanks!!! :dance:

my moisturizer has spf 15 in it (aveeno positively radiant), but i also really like aveeno continuous protection or neutrogena ultra sheer dry touch or something like that. also aveeno makes a sunscreen for baby's skin that is really nice lol

Get the neutrogena spf 85. Its non comodegenic and really thin so it doesn't feel greasy or heavy at all.

I use Coppertone Spf 8. It works great and keeps me from getting burned. Some people get sun sensitivity on the tane, and some don't. I definitely don't. I can be at the lake all day and not get burned.

Get the neutrogena spf 85. Its non comodegenic and really thin so it doesn't feel greasy or heavy at all.

wtf i didn't even know it went up that high lol.. but i use spf 15 and i think i needa upgrade to like a 30 or even a 40 cuz my face is hella red..

in response to your spf question i've noticed that using different moisturizers are burning my skin too, I just started accutane Last monday; Sept 29th, i've been using neosporin cream for the itchyness. if you find a good sunscreen that doesn't make you itch or clog your pores i'd appreciate to hear what it is, and to hear how your treatment is going with "the miracle drug" :)good luck with your accutane! i'm also excited about it.