Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gyroscope352

Sal Acid Update?

yea i would have to agree completely here. I was going to start using salicylic acid to treat my acne, but I wanted to wait until yours came out. Im sure its going to be the best one out of all the others.

Do you have an estimated arrival date or anything?

we are all dying here, haha

Yup, it's on its way. The tubes are being filled right now. But I'm only making a very limited amount and I'm not sure how I'm going to launch it yet. The only thing I do know is that it will be only for you guys on here and I won't release it widely at first. I'll want to trust that everyone who gets it will honestly review it. I want to know how well it works and any improvements that need to be made. I will most def. keep you all posted. Sorry it's taken forever...

I PM'd Brandy with that very same question and she assured me that Dan has no intention of messing with the current regimen. I hope not, why fix what isint broke? BTW you rock Dan. You've done so much for all of us!

I think the SA is intended as an alternative to BP for some people, or perhaps as an additional step in the regimen for others... like the addition of AHA, I guess.

I've had pretty great results recently using AHA, SA (aka BHA), and tea tree oil. I don't think the results are quite as good as when I used BP, though they're very, very close - but I'm willing to live with it if I don't have to worry about bleaching clothes, towels, etc. :)

So I'm definitely in for a bottle/tube or two when they're available!

So would the SA be used in place of the bp?

I PM'd Brandy with that very same question and she assured me that Dan has no intention of messing with the current regimen. I hope not, why fix what isint broke? BTW you rock Dan. You've done so much for all of us!

Yea, the SA product is something Dan is making because people asked him to.

The Regimen will still be there, and we still think it's the best choice for most people. But for people who are allergic to benzoyl peroxide, or who happen to do well with SA, Dan wanted to be able to provide something for them to use.

It'll be interesting to see how people will use this SA lotion, and we look forward to getting everyone's feedback on it.

How will we know when its been released?

Im not sure if I should keep checking this section or if I should be looking at the home page where the products are?

Im extremely excited for this product to come out, I was going to purchase paulas choice BHA, but ive held off for a couple weeks now knowing that Dans will be released soon.

Thanks for everything Dan and also Brandy :)

I switched from the bp regimen to a BHA regimen a few months ago. So far things are going good. Right now I am using a Nuetrogena 2% sal Acid face wash, a 2% oxy spot treatment, and some bp for additional spot treatment on those stubborn spots(also Dan's moisturizer). I just ordered Dan's AHA, I'm sure I'll love it. But I'm really excited for the BHA product, I know it will be quality and quality is what I love. So I hope I am able to get a bottle when it is released. :dance:

Thanks- Cheers

I just spoke with our manufacturer and they're having trouble getting the lichochalcone. This is what often happens--something holds things up--which is why I never promise anything. Anyway, the latest they said was the end of the month they can fill. We'll see.

I don't think the sal acid will replace bp completely. For some people, perhaps once a day they can get away with sal acid. But then again, we'll have to see. I'm making this for you guys but we're gonna all have to work together to see how it works and stuff. I'm pretty confident that it'll be the best sal acid you've tried, but hey, it's still not bp.

Yup, it's on its way. The tubes are being filled right now. But I'm only making a very limited amount and I'm not sure how I'm going to launch it yet. The only thing I do know is that it will be only for you guys on here and I won't release it widely at first. I'll want to trust that everyone who gets it will honestly review it. I want to know how well it works and any improvements that need to be made. I will most def. keep you all posted. Sorry it's taken forever...

That is awesome! I LOVE SA! It agrees with my skin more than bp does. Im having a hard time finding an SA product on the market though.

I just spoke with our manufacturer and they're having trouble getting the lichochalcone. This is what often happens--something holds things up--which is why I never promise anything. Anyway, the latest they said was the end of the month they can fill. We'll see.

I don't think the sal acid will replace bp completely. For some people, perhaps once a day they can get away with sal acid. But then again, we'll have to see. I'm making this for you guys but we're gonna all have to work together to see how it works and stuff. I'm pretty confident that it'll be the best sal acid you've tried, but hey, it's still not bp.

Thanks for the replies Dan! No doubt that it will be a superior product.

-Cheers

Hi...I'm deb...it's my first post, I'm new. This is the most awesome message board I have ever seen. I use all your products with great results & am especially amazed with the AHA. I joined to find help for my 18 year old daughter who currently uses Dan's cleanser, Proactiv Gentle Formula Day Cream (SA) & Dan's moisturizer. She is BP intolerant even with VERY tiny amounts. The SA is not very effective. She is porcelain fair, mild-moderate acne with some deep and many little bumps. Any ideas? Cleanser, AHA? or AHA alternated with SA & moisturizer or???? Can AHA & SA be used together (unlike BP & SA)?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi...I'm deb...it's my first post, I'm new. This is the most awesome message board I have ever seen. I use all your products with great results & am especially amazed with the AHA. I joined to find help for my 18 year old daughter who currently uses Dan's cleanser, Proactiv Gentle Formula Day Cream (SA) & Dan's moisturizer. She is BP intolerant even with VERY tiny amounts. The SA is not very effective. She is porcelain fair, mild-moderate acne with some deep and many little bumps. Any ideas? Cleanser, AHA? or AHA alternated with SA & moisturizer or???? Can AHA & SA be used together (unlike BP & SA)?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use Manuka Oil or Tea Tree oil instead of Benzoyl Peroxide. For Salicylic Acid to be effective it has to be acidic on the skin. The lower the pH the stronger the product. Most commercialy sold SA product has a pH that is to high. If she wants to use a SA product buy it either from paula's choice or dianayvonne.