Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ukguy

Acne.org cleanser question

iv got pretty mild acne, just blackheads really, however i do get some non inflamed pimples too. iv been using paula's choice 1% BHA for a while now a couple of months but my skin keeps breaking out. i wonder if i dont need the BHA and its just drying out my skin nd leading to breakouts.

do you think that just the acne.org cleanser would be enough by itself for mild acne?

Hi

IMO, I don't think the acne.org cleanser alone would be enough...really it's use is for cleaning and preparing your skin for the BP... it doesn't penetrate clogged pores and unclog them or anything as far as I know. Will just remove top layer of dirt and oil.

I personally would use a gentle cleanser then some treatment - be it BP or AHA or a combination (then moisturise, as needed). Or maybe even Salycilic Acid as treatment - dependant on what works best for you.

Why don't you let go of the BHA and give just the cleanser a go for a while to see if it's the BHA breaking you out or whether you would have the same mild acne regardless.

If you still have mild acne think about treatment i.e. BP and AHA has worked beautifully for me.

Remember if you have mild acne - you have to be gentle with the skin and don't go overboard with the amount of products you use because you don't want to over irritate you skin and cause more breakouts/dry skin.

Finally, if you havn't already ... have a think about whether you should make any dietry changes to improve your digestion, general health and nutrition and (clears throat) how often you go (if you know what I mean!!) - check out the holistic pages on tips about all things green!

Good Luck!