Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pj7232

I'm new here. Tetracycline question for users who experienced breakout

I recently started taking Tetracycline a week ago. I was prescribed 500 mg twice daily but have only been taking it once a day to start off with till I get used to it. Its very difficult to take this med since it has to be on an empty stomach. Anyways, I have been breaking out more since I started taking this but am just curious for other people who have tried this med how long did it last for you? I have tried everything to clear up this problem and taking pills is hard for me and I finally gave in. I had an allergic reaction 4 years ago and my throat closed up on me. Since then I havent taken any antibiotic cause I was afraid the same thing would happen. It took me a month to take only 1 of these pills and I had 2 people with me in case something happened. I know it sounds crazy but I'm proud of myself for this and am really counting on it to work. All I am seeing is negative results and its bringing me down a little. Anyone who has experienced this please let me know how long the breakout lasted for you too. Thanks :)

I recently started taking Tetracycline a week ago. I was prescribed 500 mg twice daily but have only been taking it once a day to start off with till I get used to it. Its very difficult to take this med since it has to be on an empty stomach. Anyways, I have been breaking out more since I started taking this but am just curious for other people who have tried this med how long did it last for you? I have tried everything to clear up this problem and taking pills is hard for me and I finally gave in. I had an allergic reaction 4 years ago and my throat closed up on me. Since then I havent taken any antibiotic cause I was afraid the same thing would happen. It took me a month to take only 1 of these pills and I had 2 people with me in case something happened. I know it sounds crazy but I'm proud of myself for this and am really counting on it to work. All I am seeing is negative results and its bringing me down a little. Anyone who has experienced this please let me know how long the breakout lasted for you too. Thanks :)

hi there mate, i've been on tetralysal which is the equivalent to 300mg of tetracycline for 3 weeks and 4 days now and it certainly made everyfin worse to begin with, like real bad, ive still been breakin out the last few days bt i fink its gettin better, i cnt be sure tho tbh wit u! ive returned to a state which i was at before i started taking them, so i can only assume its startin to work, im more than happy to keep you informed tho. also i have been usin a topical treatment at the same time, but i also did sum silly fings like not moisturise and use harsh face washes for a couple of weeks so tht probly didnt help. i dnt wana b negative but expect it to get bad to begin with.