Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Makeitmakesense.

My Goal...(philosophically speaking)

About 3 to 4 months ago I did not have acne at all. My face was pretty much ruined by a very sudden oubreak that went from mild/moderate/severe all within a few months. I've beat myself up with the how's and why's and I came up with some conclusions but NOW:

I'm through stressing out about it.

The pic in my avatar was taken when I was about 22. I'm 24 now. I had perfectly clear skin and wore absolutely no makeup. I mourn my clear skin everyday but I am slowly starting to embrace reality: I don't look like I used to anymore. For a while, I was hoping this was going to turn out to be one big nightmare and I would wake up with clear skin once again but I've come to terms with the complexity of my condition; I can either continue to get angry and frustrated (which never solved anything) or I can simply stand back in awareness and realize once and for all, that IT IS happening and all I can do is ALL I CAN DO and hope for the best. SO, what have I done?

I've taken 4 weeks worth of an antibiotic (Doxy) that gave me more side effectsn than results but in the end I can't say it didn't help at all because it probably did. When I was done taking Doxy I made the decision not to get a refill and instead opted for Clindamycin Solution which in the 2-3 weeks that I've used it, has done an amazing job. I also loaded up on supplements:

Zinc Chelated

Lifefitness (hair, skin, nails)

Acidopholis (Probiotic)

Fish Oil

I've probably seen more positive results with these supplements then I ever did with Doxy.

BCP-Ortho-Lo (a week away from month 3)

My regimen consists of:

A mild cleanser. Clinique.

TTO mixed with Paula's Choice Toner

Clindamycin Solution

Alternate every other day between BP and BHA 2% Paula's Choice

And Finally, Aloe Vera Gel mixed with a drop of jojoba oil as a moisturizer.

Reults are about 25% better in only about 3 weeks on this regimen. Do I have a lot of red marks? Absolutely, and it really sucks. Do I have a lot of acne? Nowhere near as much as I had. Does this make me even mildly happy? It sure does because I feel I've come such a long way. I just want to stress that there is hope and every little change counts... even if other people may not notice it, YOU DO, and that's all that matters. I know no one is going to be truly satisfied until their acne is completely gone, including myself, but I have found that it's "mind over medicine" that has the greatest healing power.

(I'm not saying, don't medicate, but I am saying that the mind and our thoughts play a significant role in our overall health. If we can detach ourselves from those thoughts that plague us and bring us down, sit back, and just observe our situation for what it is, we see that we have more control than we think we do.)

About 3 to 4 months ago I did not have acne at all. My face was pretty much ruined by a very sudden oubreak that went from mild/moderate/severe all within a few months. I've beat myself up with the how's and why's and I came up with some conclusions but NOW:

The pic in my avatar was taken when I was about 22. I'm 24 now. I had perfectly clear skin and wore absolutely no makeup. I mourn my clear skin everyday but I am slowly starting to embrace reality: I don't look like I used to anymore. For a while, I was hoping this was going to turn out to be one big nightmare and I would wake up with clear skin once again but I've come to terms with the complexity of my condition; I can either continue to get angry and frustrated (which never solved anything) or I can simply stand back in awareness and realize once and for all, that IT IS happening and all I can do is ALL I CAN DO and hope for the best. SO, what have I done?

I've taken 4 weeks worth of an antibiotic (Doxy) that gave me more side effectsn than results but in the end I can't say it didn't help at all because it probably did. When I was done taking Doxy I made the decision not to get a refill and instead opted for Clindamycin Solution which in the 2-3 weeks that I've used it, has done an amazing job. I also loaded up on supplements:

Zinc Chelated

Acidopholis (Probiotic)

Fish Oil

I've probably seen more positive results with these supplements then I ever did with Doxy.

My regimen consists of:

Clindamycin Solution

Reults are about 25% better in only about 3 weeks on this regimen. Do I have a lot of red marks? Absolutely, and it really sucks. Do I have a lot of acne? Nowhere near as much as I had. Does this make me even mildly happy? It sure does because I feel I've come such a long way. I just want to stress that there is hope and every little change counts... even if other people may not notice it, YOU DO, and that's all that matters. I know no one is going to be truly satisfied until their acne is completely gone, including myself, but I have found that it's "mind over medicine" that has the greatest healing power.

(I'm not saying, don't medicate, but I am saying that the mind and our thoughts play a significant role in our overall health. If we can detach ourselves from those thoughts that plague us and bring us down, sit back, and just observe our situation for what it is, we see that we have more control than we think we do.)

who cares...your gorgeous...I was same boat as you really...but i started younger...luckily i've pulled through and got away with minor scars...but im going through the extremely shitty side effects of accutane atm after stopping it (dont go on that drug)

if your story IS how you say it is...your best bet is to forget all these "creams" and just let it be natural...with ot without spots by looks of you in that picture...you are lovely :)

Zinc Chelated

Acidopholis (Probiotic)

Fish Oil

My regimen consists of:

Clindamycin Solution

who cares...your gorgeous...I was same boat as you really...but i started younger...luckily i've pulled through and got away with minor scars...but im going through the extremely shitty side effects of accutane atm after stopping it (dont go on that drug)

if your story IS how you say it is...your best bet is to forget all these "creams" and just let it be natural...with ot without spots by looks of you in that picture...you are lovely :)

Thank you, I'm flattered. :) I contemplated many times as to whether I should take Accutane but I made the decision not to when I saw that my acne was improving just from using Clindamycin and taking Vitamins. I'm sorry you're dealing with shitty side effects. I really hope things get better for you.

im glad things are working out for u! i once took some kind of antibiotic pills that the doc gave me but it didnt make any difference. then i was like F it. i decided to use water only method and its been working and i was clear for about 4 months then lasted week right when i got back from tx i had a huge cyst on my bottom chin, i got mad and poped it, left me a big red mark but after 2 days it healed and now its looking good. to me, the best way is to use natural medicines and not prescriptions or over the counter stuff but thats cuz it worked for me.

im glad things are working out for u! i once took some kind of antibiotic pills that the doc gave me but it didnt make any difference. then i was like F it. i decided to use water only method and its been working and i was clear for about 4 months then lasted week right when i got back from tx i had a huge cyst on my bottom chin, i got mad and poped it, left me a big red mark but after 2 days it healed and now its looking good. to me, the best way is to use natural medicines and not prescriptions or over the counter stuff but thats cuz it worked for me.

Yeah, unfortunately antibiotics don't work that well for some. I'm glad natural methods are working for you because it's lot better then having to take an antibiotic just to keep you clear. I have tons of red marks so even though I have very little active acne, my face still looks pretty bad because the red marks are large where dusters of acne used to be. It really sucks but they're fading slowly everyday.

It is good that you came to terms with reality. I had to as well, many times. I've had big breakouts when I was 14, 16, and 20 years old. The damage (scarring) from acne has been minimal. I still have a few red marks that you can see.

You're more determined than I am by looking at every possible treatment to help your skin. 25% is a good start for three weeks, as red marks take time to heal. What you write is true. Any type of tangible change that we can see from our effort is imperative to our self-esteem. Mind over medicine, that is a great way to put it.

The last paragraph in parenthesis is truly well written. Sounds philosophical, and I think you've mentioned that you know plenty about philosophy. Of course, medicate and do all you can to treat the problem. I don't know how to end this, but great post.

Thank you for posting. I think the worst part is over as my acne has pretty much subsided. I've never been one to have the greatest coping skills but if anything has got me through this, it is sheer determination. You're lucky your scaring has been minimal and I really hope I can as lucky. I guess when the red marks fade is when I'll know for sure how much damage was caused. Thank you again for your kind words.

I'm walking through mud (so to speak) but eventually, I'll feel okay again. Your advice is helpful and greatly appreciated. If I do get totally clear, I'll be posting pics up with my regimen to hopefully inspire people to believe that it is possible and that it's not a lost cause.