Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SecondLife

Keep hope alive - my journey with acne scarring and liberation

Guys,

I have spent the good part of the past 10 years trying to get rid of my acne scars. I am currently 28 years old and have always been self conscious of my scarring. It wasn't until the past several years that I've felt comfortable enough to take pictures and stand close to people.

After seeing my face in the mirror one night almost one year ago I wanted to cry because it has been such a big part of who I am. Granted, my scarring is only apparent up close, but it still bothers me significantly. I decided that night that I was going to do whatever it took to improve my skin. I knew my face would never be perfect, but I still wanted to do whatever I could to restore my confidence.

My treatment started with a series of 12 smoothbeam treatments that cost $1900. The smoothbeam definitely improved the texture of my skin and made my skin a lot smoother, but it still didn't help the rolling scars I had on my temples. That being said, I figured I'd be a bit more aggressive in treating my scarring by getting Total FX. Getting Total FX is probably the best decision I've ever made. The results weren't that great right after the treatment, but after about six months, the collagen built up, and I can barely see the scars even at different angles. I have to look really closely to see where the scars once were.

I had a few chicken pox scars that were pretty noticeable so I decided to get those treated as well. Almost a month ago, I had the scars punch floated, and after the scars had a chance to raise to the same level as the rest of my skin, I got spot dermabrasion last Friday to smooth out the scars. The recovery has been nothing short of excellent. I can tell the scars will be barely noticeable once the skin has had a chance to heal.

Today I stand here with most of the scarring minimized and my confidence totally restored. Heck, if I wanted to get even better skin, I could undergo a second Total FX treatment to finish it off. But I'm so happy and ecstatic with my skin today that I don't feel it's worth the downtime or money. So I'm going to stick with the results I have now, which have been nothing short of impressive.

The moral of my story is that if you really want good skin, anything is possible. If you have the hope, some savings, and can afford a bit of downtime, you can improve your scars significantly.

Guys,

I have spent the good part of the past 10 years trying to get rid of my acne scars. I am currently 28 years old and have always been self conscious of my scarring. It wasn't until the past several years that I've felt comfortable enough to take pictures and stand close to people.

After seeing my face in the mirror one night almost one year ago I wanted to cry because it has been such a big part of who I am. Granted, my scarring is only apparent up close, but it still bothers me significantly. I decided that night that I was going to do whatever it took to improve my skin. I knew my face would never be perfect, but I still wanted to do whatever I could to restore my confidence.

My treatment started with a series of 12 smoothbeam treatments that cost $1900. The smoothbeam definitely improved the texture of my skin and made my skin a lot smoother, but it still didn't help the rolling scars I had on my temples. That being said, I figured I'd be a bit more aggressive in treating my scarring by getting Total FX. Getting Total FX is probably the best decision I've ever made. The results weren't that great right after the treatment, but after about six months, the collagen built up, and I can barely see the scars even at different angles. I have to look really closely to see where the scars once were.

I had a few chicken pox scars that were pretty noticeable so I decided to get those treated as well. Almost a month ago, I had the scars punch floated, and after the scars had a chance to raise to the same level as the rest of my skin, I got spot dermabrasion last Friday to smooth out the scars. The recovery has been nothing short of excellent. I can tell the scars will be barely noticeable once the skin has had a chance to heal.

Today I stand here with most of the scarring minimized and my confidence totally restored. Heck, if I wanted to get even better skin, I could undergo a second Total FX treatment to finish it off. But I'm so happy and ecstatic with my skin today that I don't feel it's worth the downtime or money. So I'm going to stick with the results I have now, which have been nothing short of impressive.

The moral of my story is that if you really want good skin, anything is possible. If you have the hope, some savings, and can afford a bit of downtime, you can improve your scars significantly.

Very inspiring, is there any way you could post pictures?

Guys,

Wanted to know what doctor performed your punch floats. It is hard to find any that does that technique anymore except for Dr. Y.

thanks

Dr. James Swinehart in Denver performed my punch floats. He did a great job despite the fact there have been many negative reviews written about him.

i'm really happy for you man ! i mean, this is what everybody who came here wants, this is so great. i'm also happy to hear that some ttment works and we can try it.

anyway, go out, have fun, work hard and live ur life for the best.

don't forget us and give some updates about ur healing.

congrats man.

I am so glad you feel better about yourself. Today, I consulted with a plastic surgeon and he is going to do 2 chicken pox scars (very big and deep). its going to cost me $1,500.00. I know its a lot, but I think its worth it. I have the appt for thursday the 9th. Think of me on that day.

He said that dermatologists usually have that tool to puch the scars out but he prefers to use a scapel. He said he can do a better job with it. He was very nice. He answered all my questions and I think he was surprised when I told him to book the appointment asap!!

I live in Lakewood, CA. Thats close to Los angeles, long beach, etc. If everything goes well, I will share his information. THe office has a very good reputation.

My scars are in the gallery. I opted just to have the biggest ones done. After they have healed, I am going to have a laser procedure. I cannot remember the name. My sister had a very bad case of acne scars and she just had the laser procedure done with great results.

C ya

Z.