Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lividcry

Hydroquinone

yeah.. i've heard mixed reviews about it for the treatment of red marks (but not really for brown marks), but i'm having very good results with it. I basically mix two different types of 4% hydroquinone.

I've had a couple tubes of this stuff for a while but I haven't really used it until recently. I got inspired to try it, despite all the bad stuff people say about side effects based on a certain user's gallery:

before:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/uploads/1...2493_339477.jpg

a week later:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/uploads/1141669303/med_gallery_32698_2493_212267.jpg

Hopefully my results will be like that too... i think i'm getting there pretty fast actually

yeah.. i've heard mixed reviews about it for the treatment of red marks (but not really for brown marks), but i'm having very good results with it. I basically mix two different types of 4% hydroquinone.

I've had a couple tubes of this stuff for a while but I haven't really used it until recently. I got inspired to try it, despite all the bad stuff people say about side effects based on a certain user's gallery:

before:

a week later:

Hopefully my results will be like that too... i think i'm getting there pretty fast actually

The gallery picture seems a bit exagerated. I used hydroquinone in the past for brown marks and the thing does bleach the skin but at a very slow rate. What happenned to me was that even though my brown mark did fade after some time, the area around the brown marks was also noticeably lighter than the rest of my skin due to hydroquinone. For that reason I dont use it anymore.

Using it is a risk to take, it can be beneficial but the whitening of the skin can be a double edge sword.

I use Maxi-Peel. That stuff works. I'm about to go and ask my sister to order more. You can only use it for a maximum of 2 months though, then take a break for a month and restart. It contains hydroquinone and trentinoin.

I have currntly just started on obagi nu-derm. It contains 4% hydroquinone product and retin-a combo. Although I know its effective for brown marks I am unsure about red ones. I am a little worried nothing will happen to them as they ar enot actual pigmentation. Anyway maybe the retin-a can exfoliate them off. Its only been a few days so only time will tell. Apparently dramatic results show in 6 weeks.