Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carmen87

Flushing/Facial Redness

I took my second pill this evening.

My whole face kind of resembles a tomato right now.

Any of you experience flushing? Did it subside?

Thanks

I look like my face is sunburned. :) And I am very fair skinned, so it REALLY stands out! Seriously, at night after I wash my face and moisturize it's like my face should be glowing once I turn out the lights! But I'm about day 14 and the past couple days it hasn't been quite as bad. Still pinky though.

So after some research, I found that a legit study showed that 55% of tane patients experienced flushing within the first two weeks of their course. It almost always goes away after a few weeks.

How far along are you guys on your courses?

I think the flushing "look" for some of us could be redness from the sun as well. I dont put on sunscreen on work days because I would have to leave those chemicals on throughout the day. When I go walk in, go to lunch, go home, go to the gym ect., Im exposed to the sun. I think even this little bit of exposure will burn the skin because of the extreme sensitivity. I went to the pool this weekend on a cloudy day for about 30 minutes with SPF 85 on my face, and my face still burned. Tell me thats not crazy!

I understand the sun sensitivity, but flushing is a common symptom with tane as your body adjusts to the drug. It is only concerning if it doesn't subside.

I live in Canada and yesterday there was no sun, it was a dark rainy day. I was outside for maybe 10 minutes all day with an umbrella over my head as it was pouring rain.

I began to experience flushing later in the evening.

I'm on day 15 and my flushing has started to subside. I haven't been out in the sun except for a bit on Sunday, but my face was erd before that. I work in a hospital and park in a parking garage, so no sun on my face! Now it's mainly that my face is kind of splotchy.