Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kimmyloz

so i'm in freakin' pain right now from a cyst forming under skin!

i have a cyst forming under my skin right now as we speak and it really hurts. the meds i'm taking have helped the size of it but it really hurts and i cant really take any pills! and why do cysts not have a head? grose i know but i'm curious as to why they remain under the skin and never really come up to where you can pop them.....LOL!

Can you ice it? That might help temporarily. If you have a problem taking pills (my friend does, too) you could try a liquid version of ibuprofen. It'd be around the children's medications in a drug store. I haven't personally gotten anything injected, but going to your dermatologist for a cortisone shot could be an option for lessening the pain, too.

thankyou thankyou thankyou! yes i will be putting ice on it tonight before bed! it's not that i cant take pills, but anything with ibuprofen affects my stomach because i suffer from acid reflux and had ulcers in the past. it's just a safeguard. but thanks again for the help. i will try it. do you also suffer cystic acne?

You might try Tylenol or aspirin, too, but they never really helped me, personally, with pain from cysts. Can you take naproxen sodium (Aleve) or is any NSAID bad for your stomach? (I can't take ibuprofen, or any other NSAID, because of a medication interaction. It's a pain.)

I had cystic acne, but it's mostly gone now. Well, all the cysts are gone. I'm terrified of needles, and that's the only reason I never tried to get an injection.

You could try topical aspirin. I'd recommend against aspirin in pill form if you have stomach problems. Try the aspirin mask trick.