Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jokerj

what do you guys think?

which seems to work better for most ppl?

better meaning:

obivously, cleairng of skin

less side effects

less likely to cause more severe break outs coming off of them

also, does anyone have any suggestions about alesse vs. ortho tri-cyclen???

alesse is WAY cheaper but it seems most people seem to have sucess with ortho tri-cylclen. i also have some unwanted androgenic hair, which i think otc would be better for than alesse, if i'm correct? no idea though, really

please give your input

thanks guys

I am on a mono-phasic pill right now and I'm liking it. It's not to say tri-phasic are bad. My doc originally prescribed ortho-tricyclen for me, but I broke out into hives all over my body...he thinks it could be from the dye in the pills or one of the other inactive ingredients. (He also said he had never seen that happen to anyone before). So I can't tell you how well it works...but I know people who have used it and it cleared them up pretty well. If you want a mono-phasic pill that is supposed to work well on acne, try Yaz. The progestin in it is supposed to have no androgenic effect whatsoever.

Oh, and try not to listen to everyone's horror stories (like mine with ortho-tri) because it can work wonderfully for you. I will suggest that you take the pill with dinner and then go to bed because it can make you nauseous. And give it 3 months for your body to adjust.

i've tried quite a few bcp's, and have found that the monophasic has worked out better for me. Plus, if you ever wanted to skip your period by skipping the placebo pills, this should only be done with monophasic pills and not triphasic.

Monophasic worked best for me years ago. Right now nothing works. I reacted and got hives all over my body from yaz, I just read one of you got it from ortho tri.... so it can happen to any one from any pill. My dr also told me he had never seen anyone react that way before. Im on desogen now with no luck and about to try diane and Im worried about that.

Anyways, monophasic seems to be a nice steady stream without all the ups and downs. But in the end, everyone else is different so its trial and error. Everyone reacts differently and it takes time to let your body adjust. In my case, what worked before doesnt work now so Im back to square one too.

i'm on a monophasic pill, and it cleared my skin in 2 months (the first month was kind of rough, but the body needs to adjust to the pill). my doctor prescribed it over the phone and when she was asking questions to figure out which kind to give me and I told her about my skin, she seemed confidently eager to prescribe sprintec for me (which is the generic version of ortho cyclen). nothing else has ever worked for me in my life, so i'm still shocked.

years ago I was on another birth control pill that made my skin a MESS. it really does matter which kind you choose to take..but long story short, i would vote for a monophasic pill.

i'm on a monophasic pill, and it cleared my skin in 2 months (the first month was kind of rough, but the body needs to adjust to the pill). my doctor prescribed it over the phone and when she was asking questions to figure out which kind to give me and I told her about my skin, she seemed confidently eager to prescribe sprintec for me (which is the generic version of ortho cyclen). nothing else has ever worked for me in my life, so i'm still shocked.

years ago I was on another birth control pill that made my skin a MESS. it really does matter which kind you choose to take..but long story short, i would vote for a monophasic pill.

Isn't tri sprintec a triphasic pill (generic ortho tri cyclen)?

it's not tri sprintec. it's just sprintec. they make both the generic versions of ortho cyclen and ortho tri cyclen. i am just on the regular ortho cyclen.

Isn't tri sprintec a triphasic pill (generic ortho tri cyclen)?

also, what do you guys think as far as what will make one less moody, or have less of the other side-effects?