Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've noticed that along my jawline and up the side of my face, there are little red bumps. Is this a side-effect of shaving, and my skin is just too sensitive, or what?

I'm using a sensitive skin shaving foam by Edge, and a Venus razor. I've tried a Gillette razor, and just a simple disposable razor, but they gave me the same result.

And products or quick fixes that I could use to reduce these red bumps? The rest of my face is pretty much clear.

I recommend trying Bump Patrol www.bumppatrol.com. It's cheap so it won't hurt to try it. I find it at Rite Aid by the African American men's skin and hair products. I'm a girl and use it for my bikini area, and it works better than anything else I've tried. It's a little sticky until it dries, but once it does you wouldn't know. It's got NSAID anti-inflammatory ingredients, so I'm guessing it might help a little with acne, but haven't tried it myself for that purpose. Get the sensitive version if you're sensitive to alcohol.

I got a razor called a "Bump Fighter" and it's been my shaving saving grace. Sounds very similar to the above.

I would say that most men get bumps because they're not letting the shaving cream set as long as they should and also you need to shave in very small strokes. When applying shaving cream your told to massage it in. The hairs need to be lifted so that your razor can reach them. Also by letting the cream sit on your skin its moisturizers are able to do they're job.....By shaving in short strokes your more precise and you can keep the razor from being clogged up. The cleaner the razor the better for you and your skin. The other thing is that for men who get bumps its probably better to shave with the grain of your hair and not against it. That way your not irritating it more than necessary.

Hope this advice helps and don't knock it just cause I'm a female.