Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nate28

Dermabrasion

I was wondering if anyone had pictures or sites where they show before and after pictures. I mean real dermabrasion not micro. I have been searching but I can not find anything.

I have never had dermabrasion, so I am not an expert.

But it looks like this lady had dermabrasion done to her whole face because it was turning blue due to consuming silver supplements.

http://www.webanstrich.de/rosemary/argyriaphotos.html

Actually thats the only picture I have ever seen of dermabrasion, but I wanted to see dermabrasion befoer and afters done for scarring.

Nate, you are not looking very hard. Dermabrasion fell out of favor with the advent of the CO2 Laser. The Fraxel Repair Laser has replaced the CO2.

http://www.realself.com/Dermabrasion/reviews

How am I not looking hard enough those are one set of pics. I also want to see the after treatment pictures you know the rawness.

It may be not as popular but, that is because of the healing time. There was only one bad review and that was because of the process not results. I strongly believe that unless you have only shallow scars dermabrasion and co2 laser resurfacing is best. What do you care if the fraxel repair goes deeper? no amount of collagen production is going to fill in enlarged pores or ice picks, you need them to be lasered or sanded off by CO2 or dermabrasion.

Good luck finding a competent doctor who performs dermabrasion.

You should also check out the past threads where many people complained about hypopigmentation after there procedures.

It seems that dermabrasion, while maybe better at removing scars, is riskier than fractional CO2 treatment. Don't you think there's a reason why most doctors don't perform dermabrasion?

http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=n...=1&ct=title

Fraxel Re:pair is a fractional CO2 Laser.

Really, I have had all 3 so I think I am qualified to make comparisions.

Well, now you know I'm curious as to what you feel is the best treatment for moderate to severe scarring of various types.

You appear to be saying that you prefer fractional CO2, especially Fraxel Repair.

Can you provide anymore insight? Sorry, if you already discussed this in previous posts.

My acne scarring is mostly moderate with some severe. However, my big problem is that I have quite a bit of scarring. So far I have had subscision and Fraxel restore. I'm happy that I've seen some improvements but I'm certainly not overjoyed. I plan on having fractional CO2 done in the near future. I'm hoping that I will see more improvement from the CO2 than I've had so far with the other procedures.

I received a regional (cheeks only) dermabrasion treatment back in 2005. It was actually the treatment recommended to me by the doctor since my scars were moderate. If my scars had been deeper, he would have recommended laser resurfacing, but said that in my case it might be a little "overkill." I was glad that I only got my cheeks done, because I could hardly imagine what a full face treatment would be like. Cheeks was bad enough! I was constantly soaking them to make sure a scab didn't form. I probably spent about two hours cumulatively per day caring for my face during the healing process. Brutal!

I only had it done on my cheeks since that's the only place I have scarring. It was done at the University of Michigan, considered one of the best medical facilities in the country. Since dermabrasion can actually lead to more scars, it was good that I had it done by some of the best doctors available.

I never experienced any hyperpigmentation from the treatment, but I am fair skinned and I avoided the sun like a vampire.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the results. I was doing Dan's regimen strictly at the time, and I learned quickly that it was what was keeping me clear. A few days into the healing process, I had a terrible breakout. There were huge zits all over the area that was abraded, and there was basically nothing I could do to treat them because I was still healing.

When I came in a week later for my follow-up, I earned an "Uh oh!" from the doctor when he entered the room and laid eyes on me. Anyway, I can't say for sure what the extent of the results was because I feel like after the breakout, I earned a whole new set of scars.

Everyone Seriously, If you still have acne, and need topicals to stay clear. DO NOT get any invasive treatments done. PERIOD, you will brake out and you cant treat them, since your skin is more sensitive ITS GOING TO SCAR. Making your treatment counter productive.

Everyone Seriously, If you still have acne, and need topicals to stay clear. DO NOT get any invasive treatments done. PERIOD, you will brake out and you cant treat them, since your skin is more sensitive ITS GOING TO SCAR. Making your treatment counter productive.

That is so true. I wish I'd known this before embarking on scar revision.