Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nyygiants4444

Switch? Basic Neutrogena wash to Cetaphil??

I am currently using Neutrogena "Liquid Neutrogena" You know, its orange and its in a pump bottle...basic noncomedogenic wash. By the way, i am on tazorac cream for the past 3 weeks now... I find that after i wash my face in the morning and night, my face is very stiff and kind of dry. Also, as im massaging the neutrogena, my face starts to burn and tingle a little bit. Do you think i should switch to Cetaphil Gentle bar cleanser (which is very mild i've read) and get rid of the Neutrogena stuff? Or , do you think the Cetaphil wont make a difference in my dryness and/or make me break out?

Also, could i shave with the cetaphil bar cleanser? So it would be like a 2 for 1 thing...washing and shaving at the same time?

Thanks~!

Guest fatman_uk

Check the ingredients of that cleanser, i thought it had Salicylic Acid in it, which aint good if ur on a BP regimen.

-Gaz

Gaz, Neutrogena® Liquid Neutrogena is similar to it's Neutrogena® beauty bar that you used daily. However, I have come over many opinions claiming that the bar version is far more gentler compared to the liquid version. I don't know why because I'm not a chemist~

Well, maybe you should try the bar version.Gaz would higly recommended it to you. If it doesn't work, then it's time for you to substitute to Cetaphil®. Cetaphil® cleanser is similar to thick and plain water. You can shave with it but make sure your razor's blade is sharp enough to cut the hairs.

hopefully can help,

garkee2003 :roll:

ok thanks, well today i just picked up the Cetaphil Gentle Bar Cleanser and i washed my face with it right when i got home...so far its pretty good...i didnt notice a HUGE imprvement in the dryness after i washed, but im sure i will in a few days once my skin gets used to the less-harsh Cetaphil bar instead of the Neutrogena liquid stuff I HOPE