Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
qazwer1

Enjoy What You Have-My Life Changing Experience

I used to post here occasionally but lost my login id. I have been lurking on the site for years though. I've related to a lot of your experiences and sometimes have let acne control my life. I'm about to turn 20 and still have moderate acne. It's been frustrating but very recently my entire outlook on it and more generally, life, has completely changed.

Like many here I have struggled with girls. I have only had sex once and did not receive a blow job until a little over two weeks ago. It wasn't a good blowjob and was from a random girl I met that night at party who wasn't that attractive. I didn't use a condom at the time. 12 days later, my testicles became red and itchy. I didn't think much of it and though it might be jock itch (basically athlete's foot on the groin) until it the itchiness progressed into pain and itchiness. My testicles were flaking dead skin and 2 days after I had first noticed the problem, I found to tiny areas of cracked skin. After frantically researching on the Internet the symptoms of every disease that it could possibly be, I slowly started to rule out jock itch and became convinced that I had gotten a mild outbreak of herpes. I was almost 100% sure it was herpes.

My world suddenly came to a screeching halt. For those of you who don't know, herpes is an STD that is incurable and contagious. I watched all of my future plans and dreams start to vanish. What girl would ever want to be with a guy with herpes? I have trouble enough with girls already. Now I am going to have tell every girl before I have sex that I have herpes? I figured about 95% of them would walk out the door upon hearing, just as I would. Everything that I wanted in life suddenly seemed infeasible. Would I be alone forever? If I ever did find someone who loved me and married me, would I always be scared about causing that person harm? I became petrified of living a lonely sexless life. Lastly, I started to think about what a huge disappointment I would be to my parents and what a poor role model I would be to my younger brother.

A common saying is that you never understand what you have until it is gone. I suddenly realized all of the gifts that I had been blessed with and all of the previous ways I had been squandering them. Something like acne, which is temporary, seemed so inconsequential when compared with this new ordeal. I stayed up all night lying in my bed, crazed with fear. I spent most of my time praying to God (I'm not a very religious or spiritual person) asking for a second chance to live my life. I promised to be a better, kinder person and to mend some of my broken relationships with family members.

In the morning, I went to a health center to see a doctor. After examining me, he concluded that I did not have herpes and that I did just have jock itch, which was likely caused by the yeast in the girl's mouth because she had been drinking beer. I had been given a second chance. It really was a near death experience. My perspective on life has completely changed. Thoughts about acne are now completely out of mind. You truly need to recognize all of the ways that you have been blessed because there are so many people out there who are worse off than you and would probably kill to have your life.

In the morning, I went to a health center to see a doctor. After examining me, he concluded that I did not have herpes and that I did just have jock itch, which was likely caused by the yeast in the girl's mouth because she had been drinking beer. I had been given a second chance. It really was a near death experience. My perspective on life has completely changed. Thoughts about acne are now completely out of mind. You truly need to recognize all of the ways that you have been blessed because there are so many people out there who are worse off than you and would probably kill to have your life.

But it wasn't a near death experience was it? I'm sorry if this sounds bad but I laughed at the gravity you put in your post there, you didn't get AIDS or anything, you didn't even get herpes!

Did we really need to know how (and in what manner) you nearly caught an STD?

Forget what the other person before me said. I understand how you feel. I had sex for years without using condoms like an idiot. A girl i had been with tested HIV positive, and I was in the same position. Negative though. It just makes you count your blessings. Nice story.

Forget what the other person before me said. I understand how you feel. I had sex for years without using condoms like an idiot. A girl i had been with tested HIV positive, and I was in the same position. Negative though. It just makes you count your blessings. Nice story.

holy shit. thats that gut sinking to the bottom of your abdomen feeling huh?

i think i understand what oyu mean bout near death

near death of your life, not your actual living body

i gotcha

thats a really uplifting story, and i think it is because its not "i got cancer and acne is way better"

its like "you think thats socially unacceptable? well listen to what might be WAYYY more socially unacceptable?"

it hits closer to home, at least for me

thanks for that