Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm looking for something to treat blackheads that I can get in the UK. My blackheads are on the nose and pretty deep, I think.

I'd like to know what you use, what's worked and what hasn't. Thanks.

I'm looking for something to treat blackheads that I can get in the UK. My blackheads are on the nose and pretty deep, I think.

I'd like to know what you use, what's worked and what hasn't. Thanks.

If I get those here's what I do. Steaming/soaking in shower tub for a long time opens the pores up (look in the mirror when you get out), then you can gently squeeze the blackheads out of your nose and wipe with an alcohol or hydrogen peroxide.

Another easy thing is using an astringent like Apple Cider Vinegar or a clay mask to remove the top layer of skin, opening the pore and then gently squeeze it out. IDK if Benzoil Peroxide would help at all, maybe? Good luck mate.

Squeezing the blackheads will remove a lot of the sebum and skin cells that have built up and blocked the pores, but it's only a temporary measure as they soon fill up again.

I read on here that using Mandelic acid will refine pores and help prevent them from re-clogging.

blackheads are a bitch. My recommendation is not to do anything to drastic because i find they inflame really easy if you fag about with them to much.

I would mostly leave them and they will come out in time and use a decent cleanser or something (dont know what works for you) to prevent any more from appearing. Dont forget to moisturise as well ;)

Another option is to get a professional facial.

I know this is too expensive to get done on a regular basis but they do remove the blackheads for you. You can watch what they do and how they do it and then that would give you a better idea of how you do it yourself. Even ask them to show you while they are doing it. No better way of learning that that is there. Its all about the preparation really though. You could also try :-

http://www.mankind.co.uk/TWINOX-Double-Loo...over-PRODZWAC1/

I know that a lot of people who do it for a living use something similar. There must be an art to it though because im hopeless!

http://www.mankind.co.uk/TWINOX-Double-End...ctor-PRODZWAC2/

Or try that but remember to steam your face first so your pores are open.