Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skinfullychallenged

My quest to clearness!

Hello! I've had acne since puberty but I haven't really taken care of it or anything till maybe senior year or so, it just progressively got worse and worse till the state I am now. I have many red marks/acne scars mostly with the occasional breakout.

I've tried Proactive (which didnt do anything for me), Obagi's Clenziderm Acne Kit, and some other over-the-counter stuff!

I dont really have that many zits I have mostly red spots/acne scars... (At least I think so)

I'm currently using Clearogen and I like it so far! It 's evened out my skin tone a bit and some of the breakouts I have are disappearing.

What should I use for acne scars/red spots? I suppose I shall check out that section in the forums!

Check out the scar section. But, by personal opinion i recommend you slow down a bit as far as worrying about scar treatments. Wait until you can get your skin back into a consistent state. Anyway though, I use a Micro-dermabrasion cloth. It's cheap, easy, and not too drastic.

Started Clearogen again and my skin isnt getting irritated anymore so I'm happy about that, I'm sure to use moisturizer anyway

Skin tone was going sour once i stopped using Clearogen for a few days but its going back down once I started again

Currently my sleeping habits are poor, probably contributing to bad skin

Thanks HouseofZits!

No major changes, I had a small break out on my cheek & chin but those cleared up rather quickly. My dad said my acne was getting better but I of course think nothing has changed! I noticed that my skin-tone has smoothed out a lot not as bumpy as it was.

Sometimes I miss a day of Clearogen because I stay up all night and I don't want to use the product during the day when the sun is out. I feel like my skin takes a step back on those days. Dryness has came down a bit but still need that moisturizer for sure!

I have a small weird bump to the side of my nose, its not a pimple or zit, seems like its underneath the skin? Its very strange anyone have any ideas what it may be?