Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been looking for a new acne treatment. I have rough skin, blackheads on my nose and cheek area and then inflammatory acne (pustules) on my chin and side of my face. Overall my acne is very mild. Weekly I get 2 or 3 red bumps, that can be painful and sensitive, that eventually breakout into a whitehead and then disappear.

Everyone tells me the regimen would be the best, but I cant use benzoyl peroxide on my skin. So I studied and read and came to the point of two options, Retinol or Salicylic Acid. Im leaning towards salicylic acid as its a little cheaper. BUT, I dont know of this would be good for my inflammatory acne? I read a lot that its only meant for non-inflamed acne, but yet salicylic acid itself is an anti-inflammatory as its from aspirin, so I think it would help.

Anyone can tell me if it would help with my inflammation? your experiences would be nice to hear also. thank you all.

SA is probably the way to go, but you have to get the right product. IN my experience the only SA that works is paulas choice BHA. after using that for weeks, even if i get inflammed acne (which i attrbitue now to purging), they are small, DONT HURT and heal very very very quickly. much quicker than on BP. i notice u are in japan tho, it would be very expensive to ship it.

My friend had the same problem he used SA and his acne conditions improved over a period of time

I would suggest every one to try using SA products

________________________________________________________________________________

___-

Edited by rinky

SA is probably the way to go, but you have to get the right product. IN my experience the only SA that works is paulas choice BHA. after using that for weeks, even if i get inflammed acne (which i attrbitue now to purging), they are small, DONT HURT and heal very very very quickly. much quicker than on BP. i notice u are in japan tho, it would be very expensive to ship it.

Can they treat red/brown marks too? And is SA a drying agent?

hmm thanks for the replies, it seems maybe it will help me. Yes, the shipping is high, but at this point I dont mind.

Does anyone know if it will help with ingrown hairs? I shave my face, and often get razor bumps or ingrown hairs. I read on here before glycolic works for that, but does salicylic?