Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
speaktwice

Acne Gone - But I Refuse to Believe

I'm now spontaniously acne free (or close enough). But I still think I have acne in the back of my head, I still feel for new spots and hide my normal problems areas.

I still feel uncomfortable when someone is close to my face or stuff like that.

Now it's not very bad or anything, as I never let acne effect me very badly psychologically, but it's the same as when I was at my worst.

I heard other people saying this once they were clear, so how long exactly does it take to kick in that I don't have a lot of acne any more?

Scarring sucks though.

If you don't get spots for about 3-4 months straight, that's when the worry just fades off. When I was amazingly clear, it took me about 2 months to believe it, and once it kicked off, I just did whatever the hell I wanted without worrying about my face.

If you remain clear for long enough then you will most likely forget your worries, I can't guess at how long that might be, having never been clear for very long myself. Sounds like a good place to be in though!

compare pictures! i feel liek that might help!

glad to hear youre all cleared up though! howd that happen?

I don't take my pictures because I'm the opposite of photogenic, I cannot smile.

And I was just about to go on differin and tetracycline but my mom was skeptical so she went to some hippy health food store and brought back some indescriptive pills and cream that the ingrediants are on the box that she threw away.

So basicly two things that I have no idea what they are cured my acne.

I've been clear for close to a year now, and the anxiety is still there like when I was at my worst. Although I can have good days, any small thing or comment can mess my whole day. You say you didnt let it affect you psychologically though so you'll probably get over it soon.

I don't take my pictures because I'm the opposite of photogenic, I cannot smile.

And I was just about to go on differin and tetracycline but my mom was skeptical so she went to some hippy health food store and brought back some indescriptive pills and cream that the ingrediants are on the box that she threw away.

So basicly two things that I have no idea what they are cured my acne.

wait you dont know?

then how are your gonna stay clear?

lol I know what you mean.

I do have slight discoloration and scarring, but I have no active acne.

I only cleared up recently, and like you, and whenever someone comes close to me I back up immediately.

i kno exactly how u feel, its really wierd and sucks.

1 day i looked at a pic from like 6 months ago and i thought in my head "wow i didnt know i really ever looked that f'd up" and i was fine

I understand how it feels like~

I keep looking in the mirror to see if there's any spot even when I am cleared

I hear you! I've been clear for about 6 months but my behavior hasn't changed. I do not feel carefree as i expected. For example, I consider lighting all the time. If we walk into a cafe, I'd tell the waitress where to sit us according to lighting. When I go to clubs, I want to leave before the end, when the lights are turned on. I still cannot go out without makeup. Acne controlled my life. I guess it's like post-traumatic syndrome. Today I am still obssessed with my skin. I have mild scarring I am paying thousands to get rid of. Not sure if i'm looking for normalcy or perfection. I guess these are the psychological problems that come with this condition.