Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kimmyloz

will i have cystic acne forever?!??????

so i'm taking solodyn and using benzaclin because i have cystic acne that just recently developed about 10 months ago. i'm curious if there's anyone who was clear during their youth then also developed this shit! it's weird and i know something must have happened to spark this, and i've been researching it and nothing seems to relate. also wondering about accutane as a last result to get once and for all clear skin! i feel so alone and depressed about the condition of my skin and face and i no longer feel beautiful. i dont want to sound vain, but i cant help it! i need to vent people so any words of advice would be so greatly appreciated. also i'd like to add some fellow acne sufferers to my myspace because i dont have anyone to talk to that can relate on a daily basis. my friends are all 21-28 years old so none of them have or have ever experienced acne. just need a friend who understands...thanks guys!XOXO Texas Girl ~KIMMY~

o look me up on myspace if you want to see some pics! zoom in and you'll see the pimples! LOL LOL! [email protected]

Hi Kimmy :wavey:

I don't have cystic acne and I've had acne since I was a teen, but there are many adults here who developed acne, including cystic acne, as adults. You are definitely not alone, and this is a great site to get some encouragement, comfort , & best of all, useful information while dealing with acne.

If you are scarring, then you may want to seriously consider accutane. Your acne can come back after accutane, but it can be much more mild and it may not come back as cysts. Definitely do your research & weigh the pros & cons though (as there are serious side effects, even if not all of them are typical). Not everyone gets clear on accutane either, but it seems to have a good success rate.

I'm 24 and I literally developed acne only 3 months ago. It was a sudden flare up that quickly got severe. I've been trying to make sense of it myself but the faster it gets treated, the faster the cysts will subside. I had mainly nodular acne that has improved quite a bit when I took 4 weeks of Doxycycline and then different supplements to keep it under control.

There are loads of theories as to what can suddenly cause acne but nobody has a definitive answer. Keep taking your medication and consult with your doctor if you don't feel it's doing you any good, important to give things time though.

I can totally relate. I'm 26 years old and suffering from moderate cystic acne (is there such a thing?)I'm currently on 200 mg minocycline trying to control it. None of my friends have acne. At least none of my girlfriends. The worst is having to go to work everyday with a cyst staring you in the face. I have to maintain a professional appearance for my job. When I'm broke out, I always feel like a kid dressed in a business suit. I'm hoping the mino will start working soon. I've got two cysts I've had for almost three weeks and I'm so sick of looking at them. Not to mention they hurt too!

Hey I started getting cystic acne when I was 25. I am now 26 and on accutane. I have had maybe 1-2 cysts the entire time I have been on accutane. I am in my final month and I still have acne but not cystic acne. Talk to a derm and they will know what is best for you. Did you have a diet change of some sort before you started breaking out? I wish you the best of luck!

I am 27 and staring having horrible breakouts after a trip to the beach this summer. I thought it was due to sunscreen clogging my pores, but it only got worse. I tried several OTC medications to clear up my skin and nothing seemed to work. I finally went to the dermatologist last month and she prescribed Solodyn, Clenia wash, and Clenia cream. She also thought the acne might have been caused by switching from YAZ birth control to Aleese. I refused to go back on YAZ so I left with my Solodyn and hoped it would work a miracle. Unfortunately, I had horrible reactions to it and quit taking it after two weeks. The Solodyn really broke out my jaw line and cheeks with painful acne unlike anything I had had before. It also was very drying to the skin around my eyes for some reason. I also experienced headaches, neck pain and broke out in a rash. It just wasn't for me. I am having luck with Clenia wash and Clenia emollient cream.

I've had acne since I was 12. I have never had acne like I have now at 24... it's the worst it's ever been. I have cysts, pustules, whiteheads, blackheads, milia... you name it, I have it!

About a year ago, I decided to stop using benzamycin and try to deal with my acne without the use of Rx medication. I'm sure that's what caused the flareups, which were always kept in check with Benzamycin.

It's so embarrassing! I work in an office and I'm the ONLY one who suffers from acne. My girlfriends complain of breakouts which consist of a few milia and MAYBE a small whitehead. When I breakout, I have dime-sized cysts and pustules. I TOTALLY know what you mean of feeling like a kid in business attire. It has made me so afraid to speak up and call any attention to myself.

I'm back on benzamycin and it's helped. But since my pimples stay on my face for MONTHS after they start to recede (I have a bunch of red spots below the surface), I'm also taking Tetracycline just to help get things back under control (500mg 2x/day).

Good luck to you!

hey u guys should come visit the adult acne forum... its lonely there!

im 25 years old, male, and get the occasional cyst (last one dec 2007, however i got one just last week :( ) However, when i get them, they are sooo huge and inflamed - it takes up one side of the face. Also, to add to this, i get these very inflamed itchy skin on my face - just from nowhere - they aren't whiteheads or cysts - and they leave huge red marks all the time!

im thinking of roaccutane. im scared of the side effects. i was clear before this and i didnt do anything! (just changed cities)