Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone, my name is Amanda.

I am 19 years old have have suffered with acne for as long as I can remember. I think around 3rd grade is when I started getting breakouts. It wasnt too bad until I entered college. It just seemed like my face exploded. I would get a few cysts here and there but now I usually have 2 or 3. Plus all the other pimples, white heads, blackheads etc. My face is extremely oily too. I also have acne on my shoulders and back.

I have tried every OTC acne treatment you can think of. NOTHING has worked. Not even proactive. I finally got fed up with it about 3 months ago and went to the dermatologist. It took so long because I dont have health insurance and I have to pay for everything out of my pocket. But anyway, my doctor perscribed me an antibiotic to help with the cysts, a 4% benzoyl peroxide wash, and differin gel. And suprise, suprise, it didnt help. It actually got WORSE. =( But he said that I need to come back in 2 months and if it still doesnt help he is going to put me on Accutane. I am not sure if I want to take that due to all the horror stories I have heard about it.

My aunt saw Isolaz on a TV show and told me about it so I figured I would research it. I have found mixed reviews but most people are satisfied with the results. I am desperate here for something to work. I have nothing else to lose. The only thing I am really concerned about at this point is the cost. Does anyone know how much a treatment runs?

Hi everyone, my name is Amanda.

I am 19 years old have have suffered with acne for as long as I can remember. I think around 3rd grade is when I started getting breakouts. It wasnt too bad until I entered college. It just seemed like my face exploded. I would get a few cysts here and there but now I usually have 2 or 3. Plus all the other pimples, white heads, blackheads etc. My face is extremely oily too. I also have acne on my shoulders and back.

I have tried every OTC acne treatment you can think of. NOTHING has worked. Not even proactive. I finally got fed up with it about 3 months ago and went to the dermatologist. It took so long because I dont have health insurance and I have to pay for everything out of my pocket. But anyway, my doctor perscribed me an antibiotic to help with the cysts, a 4% benzoyl peroxide wash, and differin gel. And suprise, suprise, it didnt help. It actually got WORSE. =( But he said that I need to come back in 2 months and if it still doesnt help he is going to put me on Accutane. I am not sure if I want to take that due to all the horror stories I have heard about it.

My aunt saw Isolaz on a TV show and told me about it so I figured I would research it. I have found mixed reviews but most people are satisfied with the results. I am desperate here for something to work. I have nothing else to lose. The only thing I am really concerned about at this point is the cost. Does anyone know how much a treatment runs?

I hope someone urged you to to ahead and use Accutane. It's really good. WE order it from --out of the US. My daugher uses it--at a lower does for a longer length of time than Dr's in the Us recommend. Other countries do it that way. She is having good success.

Amanda,

I have worked in the skincare industry for over 8 years and the Isolaz is one of the most amazing pieces of equipment I've had the pleasure of using. I see clients ALL the time with your exact story. The Isolaz works for them. You are looking at quite an investment though - about $300 per session. We sell ours in a package to help save costs and since you truly need about 4-6 treatments for full effects. Insurance won't cover it either which I think stinks. Find a clinic that is willing to sell you packages or let you try a treatment at a very low rate (although you may not see THAT much improvement after just one treatment). Also make sure the clinic is layering the Isolaz treatment with a few other therapies. That way your results are fast and long lasting!

If you go under treatment reviews by org users you can search lasers. Unfortunately, the ISOLAZ isn't listed there, but several other lasers are (smoothbeam, vbeam etc.) Cost depends on your area, I'd expect somewhere between $300-600 U.S. if you're in the states. Success has varied. ISOLAZ is supposed to have very good immediate results as it vacuums out the pores as well as uses a laser treatment on the face. Definitely see an experienced dermatologist, not a day spa as the MD will know more what they're doing. Good luck.

Another user, eddiemd is an ISOLAZ doctor. Look up his posts.