Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kiwikitty

Just joined...thought I'd make a few comments...

So I just joined Acne.org as a member ( :dance: ).

So, before I formally introduced myself on the "introduce yourself" board, I thought I'd get the emotional problems off my chest that really caused me to join.

Last May my first boyfriend broke up with me. Ever since 6th grade I've been known as the acne geek even when it started clearing up in 7th grade. I've been using the Proactiv 3-step system for over a year, and even though it cleaned up the severe acne I had in 6th grade, I still have moderate acne, more than anyone else in my school.

A lot of people have made that reputation for me, and everyone kept telling my boyfriend over and over to break up with me and he finally just did, and hasn't talked to me since. I've just been hearing rumors lately about people calling me things like "connect the dots" and it's really starting to get to me. It's hard being the girl in the class with the worst skin and I don't really know what to do, emotionally.

Kiwi

Welcome to the org!

Look, acne sucks. I don't have any other explaination for it. It just does.

Honestly, the emotional pain for me is so unbearable. I know exactly what you are going through. This website does help ease the pain because we are all going through the same thing. Plus, I've learned so much about skin care it's crazy!

So, before I formally introduced myself on the "introduce yourself" board, I thought I'd get the emotional problems off my chest that really caused me to join.

Last May my first boyfriend broke up with me. Ever since 6th grade I've been known as the acne geek even when it started clearing up in 7th grade. I've been using the Proactiv 3-step system for over a year, and even though it cleaned up the severe acne I had in 6th grade, I still have moderate acne, more than anyone else in my school.

A lot of people have made that reputation for me, and everyone kept telling my boyfriend over and over to break up with me and he finally just did, and hasn't talked to me since. I've just been hearing rumors lately about people calling me things like "connect the dots" and it's really starting to get to me. It's hard being the girl in the class with the worst skin and I don't really know what to do, emotionally.

Kiwi

Hello kiwi.

I run this town. So make yourself at home.

could you please tell us your age?

thank you.

Hello kiwi.

thank you.

:naughty:

No more under age girls for you... :rolleyes:

It sounds like she's in middle school or maybe HS now...very young.

---

KiwiKitty, at your age people give into pressure like that, as they want to fit in more than anything. I am sorry you've become a victim of this, but this guy will be kicking himself for being such a prick, if not now then later. He obviously liked you & saw past your acne, but didn't have the spine to stick by you when others felt the need to be malicious. At your age, people play the whole "put someone else down to bring yourself up" game. More importantly than growing out of acne, people do generally grow out of that attitude also.

Keep your head up & remember there is so much more to you than a few spots on your face, and if you were no threat to those kids, they wouldn't bother to make fun of you ;)

In my experience, calling people out on their meanness is a lot better than any clever comeback. Just pause, look them in the eye and calmly ask them why they would ever say something so rude & mean. Most of the time that shames people and makes them think before they say something cruel again.

Hello kiwi.

thank you.

:naughty:

No more under age girls for you... :rolleyes:

It sounds like she's in middle school or maybe HS now...very young.

---

KiwiKitty, at your age people give into pressure like that, as they want to fit in more than anything. I am sorry you've become a victim of this, but this guy will be kicking himself for being such a prick, if not now then later. He obviously liked you & saw past your acne, but didn't have the spine to stick by you when others felt the need to be malicious. At your age, people play the whole "put someone else down to bring yourself up" game. More importantly than growing out of acne, people do generally grow out of that attitude also.

Keep your head up & remember there is so much more to you than a few spots on your face, and if you were no threat to those kids, they wouldn't bother to make fun of you ;)

In my experience, calling people out on their meanness is a lot better than any clever comeback. Just pause, look them in the eye and calmly ask them why they would ever say something so rude & mean. Most of the time that shames people and makes them think before they say something cruel again.

Thanks ^_^.

Yeah, I'm only 14, 8th grade.

By now, I think it doesn't bother me as much. I've sort of "given up" on middle school in a way xD. Seems like all the middle school guys I meet are all the same :rolleyes:.

Kiwi

He will probably look back at the decision he made and hate himself for it.

become a whore and youl get plenty of guys....

if u really don't want to then just keep with your treatment. Eat and drink healthy and just try to keep positive.

I've already posted but I went back to look at more posts.

I'm 14 and in 8th grade as well. Acne is a major killer to middle school. Major!

If you ever want to talk I'm here for you (:

ok kiwikitty dont listen to all these loser guys. Gio doesnt run this show, I am not sure while all of the sudden his head has expanded, it used to be so unlike him lol. Secondly welcome, and I hope you find what you are looking for here. AT this point in your life I wouldnt worry about middle school guys they have yet to mature.....unfortunatley this is true of some men till they 30. Exept for maybe rc.....hes exceptional :)

ok kiwikitty dont listen to all these loser guys. Gio doesnt run this show, I am not sure while all of the sudden his head has expanded, it used to be so unlike him lol. Secondly welcome, and I hope you find what you are looking for here. AT this point in your life I wouldnt worry about middle school guys they have yet to mature.....unfortunatley this is true of some men till they 30. Exept for maybe rc.....hes exceptional :)

Q4T...

Welcome to the Org!

Have any questions feel free to ask me, or any other members; I'm sure they'd be happy to reply.

ok. I am going to give up the necro persona just for you ok?

for kiwi. I know it seems like all guys are the same in middle school, but dont lose hope. I think you need for them to catch up and mature before you look for a relationship. Middle school relationships are very much a joke, because guys really are not after anything long term, just something to tell their buddies.

I know acne makes this even harder, but you have to keep your head up. Next year will be a fresh start to be whoever you want to be, and even with acne you can be who you want to be. I had acne in 8th grade, and still into 9th, but i decided i wanted to be unique, so i did. I did crazy cool things that noone else did and i am a legend at my school for it (not to brag eyes, i am seriously a legend.)

Just keep your head up and work on yourself before you try to find a guy ok?

If you need any help or advice just pm me. I promise I am not a pedafile... no matter what they say.

Thanks everyone ^_^.

I would quote all of you, but that could take up a heck of space :P.

It's kind of early to look anyways.

Now, if I haven't been in a good relationship by college...we have a problem :D.

But on the positive side, I tried the refining mask and it was AMAZING.

All the little pimples almost went away, and most of the bigger zits were reduced to smaller pimples and just red areas, and my skin wasn't too dry.

Thanks everyone ^_^.

I would quote all of you, but that could take up a heck of space :P.

It's kind of early to look anyways.

Now, if I haven't been in a good relationship by college...we have a problem :D.

But on the positive side, I tried the refining mask and it was AMAZING.

All the little pimples almost went away, and most of the bigger zits were reduced to smaller pimples and just red areas, and my skin wasn't too dry.

Even THAT is not true. My brother never had a girlfriend until he was a sophmore in college, and now he has had a long term girlfriend for over a year and they are more than happy.... there are no timelines for love. dont rush it.

You might not even be in a good relationship till after college. You dont want to be so desperate that you get in a relationship with anyone your senior year and find out its a horrible relationship, thats not worth it.

relationships in highschool are generally stamped with a graduation expiration date. I want to emphasize the word "generally" bc i dont want to say that absolutely all do. However if you date in highschool I think its important to frequently assess what each other's expectations for the relationship are.

Hi kiwi! Im also new here :}

I had that same problem in highschool, no one had acne as severe as mine (since 7th grade). Even though I didnt heard them calling me names (wich didnt mean they didnt) I know its really hard, like I felt people just ignored me.That really has affected me and I wish I had this forum to get all this support before! (hmmm theres a cat/dog fight outside...random :P).

You should really keep on going out and talking to new people, when they get to know you, they will not care that much about how your skin looks.

And about your boyfriend, if he really broke up with you because people told him to... really, what kind of person is he!?

take care!

bb

She exaggerates lol, I'm just you're average nice guy. You'll find a world of support here at the Org. Good luck!

lol! I dont exaggerate rc.

Sorry if i'm reviving a dead topic here, but i'd just like to know what kind of people you have at your school that make those kind of cruel comments. I too, am 14, but a freshmen in high school, and by no means are the kids in my grade nice, but they are nowhere near that mean. BTW, you should be better off w/o that guy, sounds like a complete jerk. There will be many more down the road for all of us =] Forget those kind of people and keep trucking along, no need to listen to those kind of people.

I think most of the reason people in my school are really "like that" is because it's like the smallest school in the world.

I have 17 other people in my class and the ratio of girls to boys is 2:1 (we have 12 girls 6 boys).

So it really leaves room for everyone to say everything about everyone if you know what I mean xD. The guy I was talking about doesn't even go to my school ha.

I gave up on middle school boys. They're just WAYY too immature. They're not great in 9th grade either, but usually by the time 10th grade rolls around they're a lot better. Besides, you look like a really pretty girl, so it's his loss, not yours.

Yeah, 17 people in your class is probably most likely why you are treated so badly..I have usually 30-35 people in my classes, with 65 in my gym class. More making fun of to go around..I guess, cruel, but true.

If you're only in middle school, you've got a looooooooooooooooong way to go. You're acne will likely get better if you learn how to treat it properly. With most kids in their early teens, they usually make thier acne WORSE by treating it badly before making it better through stuff they learn on the internet, or general tips on skin care that they get. This site is great for that.

At the same time, I would like you to know that just because you have bad skin now doesn't mean you'll have bad skin forever. I persnally knew a guy who had SEVERE SEVERE acne at the end of grade 8, and by grade 10 he was known as being the "hottest guy in the school", so yeah. And your middle school years will be history once you enter the crazy world that is high school. Just make sure you don't take anything unnecessary like antiobiotics or something.

Go to your doctor if your acne gets really bad, but don't flat out believe everything they say. If they perscribe you something, go home, and research it before you commit yourself to it. If you can, stick to natural methods as they are generally less harsh on your face if you use them properly and are less likely to bring your acne back if you find the right combination of natural products/methods.

I think the most important thing is to research and try things with a grain of salt. There's a billion acne treatments and more often than not, 90% of them won't likely work on you or you'll get impatient before they start working and you'll stop abruptly.

Good luck.