Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ajhall24

Dans treatment? Oxy salicylic acid pads?

I was using the acne.org regimen for a while and it seemed to be working. the only problem was my skin is really sensitive and weak. the benzoyl peroxide was not doing well with my skin.

I decided to try and use some Oxy 2% salicylic acid pads. this is the first day i've used them so i cant tell if there are negative effects like with benzoyl peroxide. i'm considering using the benzoyl peroxide as a facial wash and then using the salicylic acid. would this work?

also i have been on a medicated form of benzoyl peroxide and i had to stop because it was making my skin freak out. so i dont think its for me.

Freak out?

When first using BP, the skin isn't used to it. I experienced redness that will go away in a day or so, especially when applied around the nasal area. Apply little and gradually work yourself up to Dan's full tube on hand :wacko: if that's what you want to try and test, to see if the regimen will work for you. Be careful when using BP with 2% oxy pads, because you'll probably have a greater chance of redness that will take time to fade. If you have skin that upsets easily when first combo-ing the products and has never seen/experienced them, you might have "problems." ;)

I was using the treatment for about a week and the side effects werent getting better. my skin seemed to be really wrinkly and dry. i sweat every day as an athlete, and every time i did so it would sting where i applied the treatment, regardless of the amount of benzoyl peroxide or the amount of moisturizer i used. i'm not using the benzoyl peroxide at all anymore, i'm looking for other methods now, starting with oxy 2% salicylic acid pads.