Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Professional

Does the Acne.org Regiment products cause breakouts in the beginning?

I tried Proactiv last summer vacation, for the first week it was great, however during the second week it was terrible. I literally started breaking out severly. By the 3rd week, I had about 6 large red pimples on my face.

Then on the 4th week, I ended up growing a HUGE nodule/cyst on TOP OF MY NOSE. Literaly on the tip.

I got so pissed I called proactiv and the old lady told me it was because all the dirt was rising up in my face and that it was completely normal. Also she started lecturing me about how I should be gentle to my face -___-

So I continued to get some pimples STILL, luckily the nodule went away hmm after about I'd say THREE WEEKS. :doh:

So I returned proactiv after my 60 day trial ended, nothing seemed improved and I was pissed because I tried it the summer before that as well.

I didn't do anything social during last summer for such a long time.

So anyways back to the main question, I wanted to finally try the starter kit, but now that I'm in school and everything, I'm a bit concerned I may get big breakouts in the beginning.

I know everyones different, but still it'd be nice if I could get an answer.

So does the starter kit cause breakouts in the beginning of first use?

i know, in my case, it made me breakout when i first started, and never stopped. i used to have like 5 pimples max on my face and after using acne.org's regimen i would have about 20-30 on my face at any given time. i used it for about 2.5 months and it kept getting worse, i had acne everywhere, and it never showed any sign of clearing up. i've switched regimen's and my skin is slowly getting back to normal. but this is just me, i'm sure it's different for everyone.

i know, in my case, it made me breakout when i first started, and never stopped. i used to have like 5 pimples max on my face and after using acne.org's regimen i would have about 20-30 on my face at any given time. i used it for about 2.5 months and it kept getting worse, i had acne everywhere, and it never showed any sign of clearing up. i've switched regimen's and my skin is slowly getting back to normal. but this is just me, i'm sure it's different for everyone.

20-30??????/////adfa;fvwar

I think I'll reconsider buying it now o=

Anyone else wanna share their experience?

I did not purchase the starter kit, but instead started with the just the BP, and whatever else I normally use. I figured that if I introduce one product at a time into my regimen, then I would be able to tell which, if any of the products, are doing more bad than good. So far, I am still just using the BP but I am happy to say my face is now clearer than it has ever been!! I tried the samples of the moisturizer and cleanser, and found the cleanser to be drying for my skin, so my next step is to get the moisturizer and see how that works out.