Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hdboy

TOOTHPASTE as spot treatment.

Im on differin, and its going great. but When the occasional breakout comes I want to spot treat it and I mean..I havent really ever used toothpaste, but now I have to because BP makes me all red and blotchy. Anyone have any input?

Im on differin, and its going great. but When the occasional breakout comes I want to spot treat it and I mean..I havent really ever used toothpaste, but now I have to because BP makes me all red and blotchy. Anyone have any input?

toothpast is not very effective anymore.... toothpaste use to contain zinc as an ingrediant and that was responsible for helping and clearing acne... however toothpaste could only be used about twice a week other wise it made your skin appear blotchy, but toothpastes no longer contain any zinc

you can see try toothpaste some people see some effect from it

also you do know that defferin is meant to help with spots aswell.... your using too different active ingrediants on your skin.... this reduces the effectivness of both differin and bp... this would most likly be why your skin is going blotchy also continued use of both products will increase the liklyhood of preminant skin damage

I use toothpaste and it really helps dry out the zit. =) But you have to apply a very thin layer on a very small spot or it peels/burns/makes everything look horrific. But it does work, just don't use it too often. I use the regular colgate kind. Good luck, hope I helped. :D

I wouldnt use it... the flouride in it can be an irritant... I had to stop using flouride toothpaste a while ago because it might have been giving me more acne around my mouth... ICK