Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sami S

Clogged pores and squeezing

Ok so i get clogged pores and small bump type spots. The clogged pores are on either side of my nose and I get these little bump type spots on my cheeks (maybe 2 or 3 at a time). The spots I get on my jawline are fine because I can pop them or they just go away on their own and they don't occur often.

However these things on my cheeks never seem to go away. When I don't mess around with them they aren't obvious but they do affect my complexion overall and it really bothers me. Sometimes in a moment of weekness I will try and squeeze them. Occasionally a small hard nugget sort of thing comes out and its fine after but recently especially it will become raised and then gradually turn red and then take something like a week to heal and I'll have a big mark for ages.

It is also important to note that they seem to reoccur in a small area on each cheek which doesn't really match up which kinda leads me to believe that each batch is related to the next.

If you can relate to this please offer any wisdom and preventative steps I'M DESPERATE.

Couple things.

Everytime you pop these it's infecting the around around it which increases the amount that are coming up in that same location. Make sure you stay away from doing this. If at all possible don't touch your face at all. I notice that the places I get acne the most are places I touch the most.

I have the same clogged pores on my nose and sides of my nose. I've tried facial steaming, nose strips, and plenty of different masks. That junk just never seems to go away for anything. I'm lost in what to do about this at the moment. Perhaps someone else can chime in and give us some guidance regarding this.

In any case my recommendation would be to just stick to a regimen and keep your hands away from your face.

paula's choice Beta Hydoxy Acid 2% liquid or gel will hel reduce them (helps around my nose) but they wont make them go away completely. it is noticeable difference however.

about squeezing - if you absolutely must do this, use an ejector (spend $25-30 for a good one) jsut like dermatologists use. this isolates rigth around the pores and u dont have u use your bacteria infested nails/finger

OK awesome really do appreciate everything you have to say because I know everyone has their little tricks.

And to Path if you read this again.. how would one go about getting an ejector. And also is that cream available in UK?

Thanks in advance :)

about squeezing - if you absolutely must do this, use an ejector (spend $25-30 for a good one) jsut like dermatologists use. this isolates rigth around the pores and u dont have u use your bacteria infested nails/finger