Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tritonxiv

Does oily skin bother people?

Just wondering, see title.

I have very oily skin, and over the course of six years have tried many different ways to suppress and control that oil. Accutane delivered me from my acne, now all that's left is the oil.

The shine is annoying, but the feel is what makes me miserable. It feels like my face is covered in olive oil . . . permanently. :( I just use an oil-absorbing mask daily and oil-absorbing sheets constantly. It really doesn't help enough, though. :(

Did your face get less oily while on Accutane, at least? Congrats on being clear.

The shine is annoying, but the feel is what makes me miserable. It feels like my face is covered in olive oil . . . permanently. :( I just use an oil-absorbing mask daily and oil-absorbing sheets constantly. It really doesn't help enough, though. :(

Did your face get less oily while on Accutane, at least? Congrats on being clear.

It did. Everything got dry, skin, lips, and eyes. Good Moisturizers fixed that. After getting off accutane the dry skin, lips, and eyes went away but the level of oil never returned to normal.