Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I have been feeling really down. Really, really down and I guess it is just the Tane doin' its thing.

Before I went on Accutane I thought "I'm already depressed with my skin so whats the diff?" But this is so much worse. Before I was ONLY down about my acne, and, yeah that was bad enough but now I am down about everything...It's not like I'm thinking about death or anything that dark but still, this is blaah.

Poor me.

GeeLou.

Wow. I am sorry to hear that GeeLouise.

I would suggest monitoring your feelings by maybe writing in a journal or something. Maybe that will help or perhaps working out or going for walks and such? Keeping active may help as well.

I weight train myself about 4-5 days/week. I am on my 8th day of accutane and I think working out and keeping active helps keep me grounded and happy. I feel good about myself after I am finished with my workouts too. I also keep a journal of what I am feeling a few times per week to monitor any changes in my behavior throughout treatment and to basically spill my guts out to my computer I guess :)

I hope it gets better for you. I know I feel alright, but then again I am only on Day #8! I know things can change quickly. How long have you been on the drug when you started feeling this way?

So I have been feeling really down. Really, really down and I guess it is just the Tane doin' its thing.

Before I went on Accutane I thought "I'm already depressed with my skin so whats the diff?" But this is so much worse. Before I was ONLY down about my acne, and, yeah that was bad enough but now I am down about everything...It's not like I'm thinking about death or anything that dark but still, this is blaah.

Poor me.

GeeLou.

If you start having suicidal ideations tell your dr immediately.

I sometimes feel depressed, but then I put things in perspective and think about all the people who have life so much than me. Watched something on Sky last night about kids in Kenya who are addicted to glue, and get raped and beaten by the police. Made me realize there are people who really have it so much worse.

Just remember, you won't be on tane forever, you'll be cured soon enough.

Sorry to hear that Geelou. :( But just think, you'll be dancing for joy over your beautiful skin in just a few short months! It'll get better.

This may sound pretty goofy but something I did to bring my spirits up was every morning when I woke up I would tell myself today was going to be a great day. I would then list off everything in my life I am greatful for and I mean everything. My family, friends, cat, my comfy bed, my aweseom landlord, my sight, hearing, being able to walk and talk. I know it sounds kinda silly but it really puts stuff into perspective. Accutane is a rollercoaster one day you are enjoying it the next you want to get off. You have to think positive and know that this is just a little snippet of your life, once you are done with accutane you will have clear skin and not have to worry about acne anymore. A few hard months should be worth years of clear skin. I hope you are doing better.

I find it helps me to just take a long walk and not think about skin. Just look at the trees, the sky, sunlight, and all of that stuff. I actually look forward to it everyday, and it makes me feel better

A few words of kindness.

Try not to identify with the depression :

1)never say I AM depressed which will put you in a state where you feel like you cannot change things. Under normal circumstances (none-drug-related) you get depressed cause you allow yourself to get depressed. You have to carry you body in a certain way, speak in a certain way, move in a certain way and think in a certain way.

A good way to break the bad feeling is by lifting up you body and breathe through the stomach -

imagine how you would stand if your skin was perfect, you life was perfect, the world was perfect - STAND THAT WAY.

Another good way to break it is to move psychically - try going running or doing something you like.

Another way i guess it to rationalize what you are sad about and try to come up with some kind of solution or way to fix it - just dont let it overwhelm you.

notice that my advice relates to normal depression - i have to idea about the medicine - however i doubt that you will get depressed by the medicine if you are an emotional rock in the first place.