Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snood11

Should I quit?

I was so excited about this regime three weeks ago, and now I just feel like quitting. It feels like my acne is worse than ever and my face feels dry and rough. I had a horrible second week breakout and then I thought it was uphill from there. However, I have broken out again and there seems to be no end in sight. I am afraid that all of this dry skin is just making my acne worse and there is nothing that I can do about it. I have used the Jojoba exfoliation technique and Dan's Moisturizer. I am afraid to put straight up jojoba all over my face because I broke out in a cyst-like thing after testing it on a patch for a few days. I was up to a pump and I had to decrease from there to about 1/2 because of extreme irritation and drying. I have very sensitive skin, and any more than that just seems unfeasible. For the first time since beginning this regime I didn't even use the BP this morning because it is so dry (and now that my acne is this bad I feel like I have to wear makeup - so it can't be flaking). I have also broken out on a rash on a my neck, so I am trying Olay sensitive skin. I just don't know what to do at this point. Should I go back to Proactiv or should i stick this out? I love this community and Dan's mission, but I just don't know if it will work for me.