Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rays12010

social life suffering...

im a junior in high school. during freshman year i really didnt have much acne so i dditn really worry about it. but over freshamn summer i got a good amount and i became pretty self conscious about it. then it got progressively worse sophomore and now junior year. i used to go out like every weekend in freshman year but now i barely go out bc i dont want people to see my face. i got to a catholic high school and i used to hang out w/ people from the public school in my city but i cant even gather myself and go out one night with them to show them what my face looks lie....anyone have similar problems

Yeah I have kind of the same thing. Mine's improving so it's not as bad, but trust me dude, when I do go out on bad days I always feel better. It does help.

because you said you havent been out in years.i just wondered if you how you servive because i have to face the world everyday regardless of my acne problems.

because you said you havent been out in years.i just wondered if you how you servive because i have to face the world everyday regardless of my acne problems.

i meant out with friends

If we're talking about nights out then it really doesn't matter that much about your complexion. I spent months without seeing my mates because of my acne at one stage but i realised after a while that I was just further alienating myself.

Clubbing really is a physically judgmental world but depending on what your after it might not matter that much that if you have bad skin. If you going out 'on the pull' then yeah your at a disadvantage perhaps with the shallow people who frequent dance clubs (some would argue that confidence will even this up however) but if your out with your friends then you will soon learn not to care what others may or may not think of your spots.

I suggest you go out with your friends when the opportunity next arises, plenty of people are insecure and plenty of people have acne but they still make the effort to have fun and keep in touch with their friends. Besides, after a one or two drinks you wont really care about your acne anyway. ;)

It's tough. Been there. I withdrew from everyone when my acne started getting progressively worse. It's either: withdraw, be alone, silently suffer and suffocate in your own created hell or face the world and the rude people and keep trying to live as if you didn't have this problem -- anyway, from experience, the latter is better.

im a junior in high school. during freshman year i really didnt have much acne so i dditn really worry about it. but over freshamn summer i got a good amount and i became pretty self conscious about it. then it got progressively worse sophomore and now junior year. i used to go out like every weekend in freshman year but now i barely go out bc i dont want people to see my face. i got to a catholic high school and i used to hang out w/ people from the public school in my city but i cant even gather myself and go out one night with them to show them what my face looks lie....anyone have similar problems

Try not to be concered what "other people" think. The only opinion that should matter to you is your own.

If you accept you have acne you shoud be able to move on. Take a look at RCRangers pod cast. His thread is a few below this one. Click on the link in his sig. The dude knows what he is talking about.

Thanks for the plug Nicky :)

I've just done a quick skim of this thread, but i'm not sure how much of this has been said since i didn't read that deeply. So this is directed at what the OP.

Who are you? Me, I'm Matt, I'm RCRanger03, I'm Catholic, I'm Funny, I don't like socks... Who you are is not what you look like. Who you are is the traits and characteristics that you choose to portray to the world. It comes from the inside out and only you can choose what you show. Not other people around you. Your mom, your friends, your teachers all they can do is opinionate, but what they say does not define you. You define you. So who are you?

I'm here to talk if you need it :)