Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rapidfire7

Question for those who have finished accutane...

For those of you who did not completely clear by the end of your course of accutane… How many went on to completely clear in the coming months??

Can someone please answer this!!

I am almost done my course (100 days out of 120 days) and am very disappointed with the results so far (things have gotten worst).... Still waiting for a miracle to happen :cry:

I really only cleared up in the last 45 days of my 6 month course. I was clear for about 2-3 weeks after stopping. Unfortunately, I began breaking out a little during weeks 3-5. Im on week 7 after accutane now and Im breaking out again. The zits themselves arent cystic (hooray?) but Im getting a ton of them

I really only cleared up in the last 45 days of my 6 month course. I was clear for about 2-3 weeks after stopping. Unfortunately, I began breaking out a little during weeks 3-5. Im on week 7 after accutane now and Im breaking out again. The zits themselves arent cystic (hooray?) but Im getting a ton of them

Hey, would you say the zits are accutane induced, or just spots from before that never completely cleared up?

I have been getting ALOT of acne on my cheek (something I never experienced before accutane) and Im wondering if I stop tane today, would things go back to normal? :cry:

Im not sure what you mean by your question. I finished the 6 month course and for the following 3 weeks after, I was clear. The zits have returned (more whiteheads than before, no cysts luckily, same level of blackheads). Not sure why, Id love to have an answer. I feel really oily compared to when I was on accutane, Im sure its the same as before accutane, I just dont remember what it was like. Anyways, Im guessing Im breaking out because of all the oil on my face. Sort of a real bummer, was looking forward to not having to worry about my skin. Im hoping its just a phase where I adjust to being off the drug but its been going on for 2, maybe 3, weeks so I dont think so. I see my derm on the 10th of Oct so Ill have a better idea then. Goodluck

No clue on second question, Id recommend sticking with it for the next 20 days for sure. Accutane doesnt kill acne per se, it stops it from forming moreso. So, keep it up, it wont hurt anything. I broke out for a long time on it and saw little progress but it eventually came. I hear some people break out through their course and are clear afterwards. I think every case is different, so just stick it out and keep your fingers crossed.

For those of you who did not completely clear by the end of your course of accutane… How many went on to completely clear in the coming months??

I was pretty much completely clear at the end of my course, except for like one tiny pimple or so. I was a bit concerned that it would return when I stopped but it has been about two weeks and my skin is looking great. It has improved even more, and the oil has not returned. I don't have as many side effects either. It definitely takes a bit of time to get out of your system though.

I was pretty much completely clear at the end of my course, except for like one tiny pimple or so. I was a bit concerned that it would return when I stopped but it has been about two weeks and my skin is looking great. It has improved even more, and the oil has not returned. I don't have as many side effects either. It definitely takes a bit of time to get out of your system though.

What dose were you on? What was your Cumulative dose? How many mgs per kg did you end up taking in the end?

What dose were you on? What was your Cumulative dose? How many mgs per kg did you end up taking in the end?

I alternated between 40 and 60mg per day. I was on it for about 6 months (from the 3rd March - 22nd of September). I went through 6 boxes. My derm said that the maximum number of boxes I would have would be 8. I am not sure about my cumulative dose, but I weigh 55kgs? I did not clear until the final two months.