Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I used a light chemical peel at home and although I did do my own research the directions were not that good and didnt stress the importance of after care I guess because the texture of my skin is worse and theres some really shallow scars now but mostly bad texture.

Should I get a professional TCA peel or at Home, or not at all. I think I can fix most of the problems by using a exfoliating scrub which in my opinion would take about 6 months to look where my skin was before.

I dont have health insurance so I cant see my doctor.

How long ago did you do the peel and what strength was the peel? Did you experience any peeling afterwards?

If you have just recently done the peel in the last week, your skin may still be preparing to peel (that is a possibility). The skin sometimes does look really strange and tight, almost dry after a peel just before the skin actually peels.

In the interim (at least two weeks AFTER the peel) you might want to try something like Neutrogena's Healthy Skin lotion with AHA or Avon's Anew Clinical advanced retexturizing peel. I use the latter.

It has been over two weeks since the last one, it was a 35% glycol 25% lactic, I did a few of them, my skin has gotten better since Ive stopped.

Another problem is, if I wash my face twice a day it gets oily. But for 2 years I washed once a day and didnt have oily skin.

and thank you for replying

and no there really wasnt any peeling at all, my face is all fine but my cheeks also, I know its a more sensitive area.

Oh ok, it wasn't a TCA then. Moisturizing will help a bit with the texture, particularly if you use one that has some AHA in it. When washing, using cool or warm (not hot) water will also help keep irritation down. As long as you're using a gentle cleanser like Cetaphil, washing twice a day should be just fine. If you only need to wash once a day, that's fine, too.

I personally appreciate you coming forward with your peel experience. This may help others who are thinking about peels. The risks of doing more damage with peels are very high, even higher then that of dermabrasion.

The bad texture, which is probably orange peel or lined pores, creating visible lines are new scars. Another peel will not take care of this problem and might make things worse. Your own recommendations of using scrubs after your skin full heals is not a bad idea. Minor agitation to the skin followed by good healing ointments are your best and safest options, along with time. a few months from now they will not be as bad as they are today but they might remain there for a while. Peels will damage your skin people and create additional scars. You also don't have a chance of eliminating the shallowest of scars not even with the strongest phenol aka exoderm.

yea, it seems like that is the case with peels, to anyone who reads this please dont use peels. Just exfoliate daily and moisturizer. My skin was pretty good before now it looks like I used to have bad acne.

I dont expect it to fully recover but im hoping it will go back to somewhat normal.

This has put my life on hold, I never thought about my skin before now I think about it all day and it makes me depressed. Im not trying to be conceded but I used to have attractive girls asking me out, but right now I get a totally different impression from girls I meet. It sucks, but Ill deal with it because I truly believe everything happens for a reason.

also it does seem to be getting better by the day and I havent started using the scrub yet, and now im actively trying to quit smoking and learning to play different instruments.