Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
15yo

Help with acne! (Pictures)

shower for 30 min? in addition to wasting water, it irritates your skin

importantly, you mentioned that you had a pimple here and there then it became moderate. During that interval, were u scrubbing your face? If so, irritation (as a previous poster rightly emphasied) is playing a massive role (are you aware that your skin is meant to have an acid mantle that protects it from certain bacteria?) it can be easily disrupted by using products

Help! Dance in 2 hours and I have these two acne pimples that are swelled up like mofos!!!! What do I do?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

You can ice them for a bit, see if that brings the swelling down. But mind you, do not put the ice directly on your skin, put some cubes in a cloth and then leave it on for 15-20 minutes. This might bring the inflammation and swelling down a bit, give it a try.

Update guys! Here are some more pictures.

I stopped taking doxycycline because it was making me feel sick, and lowered my intake of garbage food. I haven't necessarily stopped, but I toned it down. Basketball season has also started.

Do you guys see any progress?

post-84812-1226889271_thumb.jpg

post-84812-1226889279_thumb.jpg

post-84812-1226889286_thumb.jpg

i would suggest not rinsing at school. you should only be washing your face twice a day max or else you'll irritate your skin.

And, again, no soap; it's too harsh. use a very gentle cleanser and do not rub too hard.

And when you're drying your face, do NOT rub; you should be patting the skin down gently.

I think it all come down to just be more gentle with your skin because it is delicate.

And I am seeing some improvement. I think you'll be fine. You're young, acne is normal for someone your age. And it really isn't THAT bad in the first place. Good luck!

Don't use soap in washing your face! By the way, I heard that when you use retin A, your skin will probably breakout more before it gets better. Based on my research, it will took 3 months before you see the results. :clap:

15yo, try this -- it worked wonders for my son when nothing else would. Two to three times a day put a hot/warm compress on the acne areas of your face. We used a paper towel, folded into the right size. Dip it in very warm (not painfully hot though) water, wring it out and place it on your skin. Hold it there, refreshing it as it cools to keep it warm (we keep a little bowel of hot water handy), for about 5 minutes. My son had been on antibiotics for month and the doctor was ready to go with Accutane when I discovered this. (He kept using the Repairing Lotion from Proactiv for a while with this until he didn't need it anymore.) Good luck.

Honestly, I'd get some BP and start using that so it reduces the size and visibility of the marks.

Looks like a lighter case of what I had last year and I was mainly doing BP + Green Smoothies and avoiding junk food.

Update guys! Here are some more pictures.

I stopped taking doxycycline because it was making me feel sick, and lowered my intake of garbage food. I haven't necessarily stopped, but I toned it down. Basketball season has also started.

Do you guys see any progress?

Yes, you look tons better!

If you are using retin a - keep it up! You look less inflamed! Drink lots of water during bball season, and don't touch your face during practice or until you wash your hands. Alot of sweat and germs out there on the court!

I have been struggling with acne since i was 10 yrs old, im 21 now. I know how much it sucks. I've tried proactive, over the counter stuff, and oral antibiotics. (not at the same time of course). I've also tried many many other things over the years.

I found a couple things that worked.

First i went to the derm and got Duac gel. I used that in the morning.

At night i used retin-a. Dont use them at the same time. The two chemicals neutralize eachother. So for a soap... i know this sounds crazy and im probably goin to get reamed for it but Coast bar soap worked great for me! Its really cheap and you can find it at walgreens. or if you dont want that find clearasil ultra. Its a clear blue cleanser 2% salicylic acid

for a moisturizer i use Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing GEL. My skin reacts to anything that has oil in it. If the medicine is drying your face out keep applying it throught the day.

This took a couple weeks for the medicine to work.

oh yeah, change your sheets and pillowcases often.

After all of my pimples went away i had a crapload of whiteheads leftover from my makeup. So i went and got chemical peels done at a med-spa in the mall.

I have nothing on my face except scars for some of the cysts i had on my cheeks. Im really surprised on how well everything worked for me. I dont use any medication now just the bar soap and moisturizer.

Everyone is different but if you try what i did i hope it works for you.

Update!

Been doing the same old, and my skin has gotten just a little bit better look wise, but has been a lot smoother and less irritating. People's eyes are finally not straying away from my eyes to my face while talking to someone.

post-84812-1228536852_thumb.jpg

post-84812-1228536861_thumb.jpg

I've suffered with acne very similar to yours for 16 years. Probably the most effective treatment I've used is M2 Skin Care (all 3 products) - It's a mandelic and malic acid 20% mix which is naturally antibacterial, anti-inflammatory (so the red, irritated zits won't look so bad), and anti-oxidants. It also breaks up acne scars and i saw major improvements within a week's time.

I've literally tried everything - including the items you mentioned. Proactive is just a dumbed down version of BP - BP does work by exposing the bacteria to oxygen immediately killing the zit. It does not prevent many of the long term causes of acne. Retin A acts in a similar to M2 because it breaks up the skin cells and plugs that block the pore, which host the bacteria, which cause the zit. The benefit of the M2 is that it doesn't irritate when it exfoliates.

I do suggest that you use the product as directed. It is highly effective and may be too strong for sensitive skin types just like retin-a.

i dont agree with the guy who said you acne isnt that bad for a doctor to prescribe roaccutane. mine was a lot milder than yours and i was prescribed roaccutane because nothing else had worked, it was only a short course, 4 months i think, was not given any liver tests or anything so it must have been a low dosage. my skin cleared completely very quickly, had dry lips and hands for a while, no other side effects. that was six years ago and acne has come back only 4 months ago

Id choose somthing other than retin-a. It takes a long time to show results..and it doesnt really do much either. Id go with differin it works much better. and yah id agree with the "no bar soap" comments too.

YOu need a cleanser!!! your skin is very irrated!!! you should use cetephil gentel skin cleaser after your shower and when you wash barely touch your sin as you do it be as agentel as possible and when wiping your face use soft items not paper towel use a kleenex instead

god dammit...

okay, so, well, I couldn't help myself to the junk food this christmas and look where it's gotten me. I am really sad right now and need to fix this immediately.

I am going to look in the photo album 30 years from now, look at the 2008 Christmas photos, look at my acne filled pizza face and tell myself,"holy crap, I was really ugly."

Merry christmas.

post-84812-1230163186_thumb.jpg

post-84812-1230163194_thumb.jpg

post-84812-1230163200_thumb.jpg

Update!

I have been eating extremely healthy, and been prescribed new medicine from the doctor in early January and it has worked out fuggin' awesome, plus it wasn't Accutane! I still have some back acne, but on my face I am completely clear! I just have some spots from where the acne used to be!

Here is a picture!

Cheers!

post-84812-1238269898_thumb.jpg

hey man i have 3 steps to getting rid of your acne everywhere.

1st step-Do a colon and whole body cleanse. The reason for this is to clean out all of your organs from a typical teenage diet. I used Renew Life brand smartcleanse. I did this and 80% of my acne cleared up within a month

2nd step-take Omega 3's, 6's, and 9's every day. This will get rid of hormonal acne, which cleared my up to 99%.

3rd step-Take a fiber supplement to keep from toxins building up in your colon which will prevent them from building up anywhere.

Nope. Erythromycin or something along those lines as a topical, and Septra DS as my antibiotic pills.

Here is basically what my schedule for my skin is:

On weekdays:

Wake up, take 10 minute (not 30 minute anymore, hehe) warm shower, get out, dry off whole body and hair with towel, scrub back with towel, lightly rub face with towel. Put on the Erythromycin topical, which is an alcohol based non-gel (liquid) topical so I don't need to worry about people noticing it.

At school I almost never touch my face. I drink plenty of water, eat fairly healthy, and will occasionally just get a small pimple pop up, but it is usually dried by the end of next day so I don't touch it AT ALL.

After school I have baseball practice everyday on the weekdays. After baseball, I am full of sweat so I get in the shower as soon as I get home so the sweat and dirt doesn't dry into my skin. For this shower I use very little shampoo and very little soap, mostly just warm water. I do the same drying process as in the morning.

After I get out of the shower I put on brand new clothes. I usually prefer pajama pants and an undershirt.

I eat, take my pill, do my homework, and go on the computer for a little bit, then go to bed.

That is for monday-friday.

On the weekends is where I have noticed I break out the most because I eat out a lot on the weekends so I usually don't eat the healthiest. I wake up later too, which means my face gets clogged for longer from my pillow.

Overall I think the biggest things that have made a difference is not taking as long of showers, the new medicine the doctor has given me, me not touching my face, not cleaning it unless I take a shower, not popping pimples, eating healthy, shaving more often, and getting better and more sleep.

Overall I am extremely happy with my face progression. My chest and back acne still exists, but not nearly as much as it used to. Now all I am going to do is wait for the spots on my face to go away. What I have found that helped me mentally whenever I got a pimple and wanted to pop it is tell myself,"If you pop it, it is going to look worse" and occasionally I put makeup on.

Thank you all for your help!

Hi guys. I am 15 and have moderate acne. I've had it since I was about 13, but it was only a pimple here or there until baseball season this year where it turned moderate. I have moderate face acne and a little bit of back acne. It seems like the face acne is worse on the side I sleep on even though I clean my face before I go to bed and change my pillowcase every 3 or 4 days. (With the acne you have you might want to consider changing your pillowcase every 1-2 days) Most of my acne is on the lower sides of my face and my chin. Basically where my jaw is, but not where a mustache would grow. My forehead and temples are completely clean.

I used Proactiv (is pretty much the worst thing you can put on your face) for about 2 weeks and it didn't do anything, in fact it got worse so I quit. I finally went to the doctor and he prescribed me to Doxycycline and Retin-A cream (dont do it!!!!!!) . I've been using them for about a month and nothing has changed yet. Here is my routine I have been doing for about a month:

1. Wake up, take a 30 minute shower. (that is TO LONG of a shower!!! you are drying out your face, probably one of many reasons why you have acne!!) Shampoo twice, with a bar of soap I scrub my body down and I just dab a little bit of soap and rub the soap around my face (lather a tiny bit of soap in your hands, put down the bar, lather alittle more with added warm water.. but dont use to much lather, now rub into your face get all that grime off gently then rinse it off but make sure all the soap is off) with my bare hands and then rinse.

2. After the shower, I take one-a-day men's pill and doxycycline and rinse them down with water. I then eat a bowl of cereal to make it so I don't feel sick because of them. (dude seriously drop the doxy, its going to make your acne worse, dont take any pills or anything for acne just wash your face with soap once a day, if you are dry use a non-codmedogenic moisturizer that does not have BP or AHA, salycilic acids.. go check out my thread called why moisturizer is important once in awhile.

3. Midway through the day I will wash my face with a mild soap at school and rinse it off with warm water. I will than wipe my face down with a paper towel. (stop doing this!!!! just wash your face in the morning before you go to school!!!

4. Before I go to bed I will put on my Retin-A cream and go to bed. stop, put moisturizer on, i recommend osmotics cream extreme at osmotics.com

-Am I doing anything wrong? What should I change?

-Why is it only along the lower side of my face besides the one pimple on my forehead?

-Should I start taking the acne.org remedy with the BP and lotion? Can I take this and my Retin-A and doxycycline? NO NO NO NO, dont touch any BP whatsoever you already have irritated skin

-How long should the doxycycline and retin-a work?

-How bad would you say my acne is? id say pretty bad, but could get worse, let me know how your skin feels (dry, irritated?)

Thanks!

WOW you look GREAT. I'm so happy for you. When you find out what you can do for the spots/stains, please lmk