Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nineteen

Should I even attempt DKR?

Hi, I'm 19 years old and am at my wits end. I've had acne for around 7 years.

The major things I've tried are proactiv, minocycline, ziana + benzaclin, and duac.

Most of those aggravated my acne or did nothing at all.

The ziana and benzaclin combination made my skin the worst out of everything though.

It gave me purple marks after months of usage so I just quit using it.

I mostly get these pimples that are just red bumps or these small hard flesh colored bumps. They just sort of subside and come back in the exact same spots(right on my cheeks :redface:)

So my question is, should I give DKR a try or should I just go to a dermatologist and ask for accutane?

My left

post-83989-1222631816_thumb.jpg

My right:

post-83989-1222631873_thumb.jpg

:boohoo:

post-83989-1222631816_thumb.jpg

post-83989-1222631873_thumb.jpg

I always suggest anyone who is having difficulty treating their acne to only consider accutane as a last resort. I know. I've been on 2 cycles of that stuff and I still had acne after them (minor acne though). If i could change my past I would have tried more topicals before ingesting any form of antibiotics or accutane. Try DKR. I cannot gurantee it will work for you, but your acne doesn not look severe which gives the DKR a good probability of working (unless ur allergic to BP).

well i think since you been on prescriptions, and they havent worked. and u suffered with acne for 7 years. if u can, u should take accutane. most people only need one course, and there problems with acne are usually done. best decision i ever done, i wish i had done it earlier