Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
614joe

Derm. said i need surgery or lazer treatment for Noduels

She said that since they are so old that the stuff inside the Noduel can not be ingested threw the body or nothing because the puss/stuff in it jelly-fied and cannot absorb into the skin and that i will need surgery or lazer after im done with accutane.

Is this true? Why did the stuff in the noduel jelly-fy? I can tell it jelly-fied because i tryed to pull the jelly stuff out of 2 of my noduels, and it acutlaly works some what, it makes them smaller if you get alot out, but i have to say IT HURTS LIKE HELL to pull the stuff out with tweezers,

So what would the derm or what ever do to get the jelly out, i dont know how lazer can get it out, and wouldent surgery leave a bigger mark??

errg i dont like noduels , at least i havent had any new ones since i started tane.

Have you ever had them injected with cortizone/steriods? There must be other options. Go to another derm and get some 2nd and 3rd opinions. He just may want to use his equipment on you to help pay for it. I don't know that, maybe it is the best option.

She said that since they are so old that the stuff inside the Noduel can not be ingested threw the body or nothing because the puss/stuff in it jelly-fied and cannot absorb into the skin and that i will need surgery or lazer after im done with accutane.

Is this true? Why did the stuff in the noduel jelly-fy? I can tell it jelly-fied because i tryed to pull the jelly stuff out of 2 of my noduels, and it acutlaly works some what, it makes them smaller if you get alot out, but i have to say IT HURTS LIKE HELL to pull the stuff out with tweezers,

So what would the derm or what ever do to get the jelly out, i dont know how lazer can get it out, and wouldent surgery leave a bigger mark??

errg i dont like noduels , at least i havent had any new ones since i started tane.

2 things.

Try a cortisone shot first.

If that doesn't work you can resort to this, but trust me when I say surgery is kind of an overstatement. It's a 15 minute process where they will numb it up and basically make a little incision in your skin less than .5 cm and either take out the core or excise the whole thing. Worst case scenario you end up with a little scar from the cut, but it will be very unnoticeable.