Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stolis8

Problem with Dan's AHA

Hi,

I've been using Dan's AHA as a night-time moisturizer for approximately 2 months. Before using Dan's AHA, I would simply apply Cetaphil moisturizer, but in the morning I would wake up to a terrible storm of flakes on my forehead. Now, after 2 months of Dan's AHA, it almost seems as though the flakiness problem in the morning has gotten even worse. Should I stop using the AHA?

Thanks

No, it is definitely big/small flakes of skin pertruding from my face. I generally wake up and gently pull them off, but I can obviously only get the big ones. I'm left with little flakes all over my face until I do the regimen again. I have been on the regimen for almost 5 months, I thought this would go away by the 3rd month. Even during the day, you can still see little bumps on my forehead, which are just the flakes being masked behind the moisturizer.

I've used your jojoba technique to remove flakes, but it only works to a certain extent. Afterwards, I am still left with a descent amount of flakes. I don't know what to do...and it is very uncomfortable being that I live in a dorm.

Ihatemyuglyskin: So what would you use as an alternative?

I don't know if this will help you or not since everyone's skin is so different. Instead of Dan's cleanser I went back to using baking soda and a little water to help exfoliate and within a couple of days my flakes were gone.

I've been using baking soda for 4 months. I stopped when I started Dan's regimen (about 10 weeks ago), but I had so many flakes (after 3 weeks) and drying that I switch the baking soda instead of his cleanser. Just an FYI - don't rub the baking soda into your skin too hard...very gently 2x a day - morning and night.

I would let off the AHA for now and after you are better add the AHA every 3 day, then increase it to every other. Maybe that will help. :angel: You will also know if you were reacting to the AHA. For me his cleanser was too drying - but I didn't realize it was that until I switched back to using baking soda as my cleanser.

You may want to apply some of your Cetaphil Moisturizer over the AHA at night.

Or try using less of the AHA, like a pea-sized blob, and see if that helps.

I tried applying a smaller amount of AHA overnight, but the when I woke up, I still had a ton of flakes. In fact, as I was going to bed I felt my forehead become more tight because I don't think I moisturizered it enough with AHA. Will the AHA lose its function if I mix it in with Cetaphil moisturizer?

^ I don't see why it would be a problem. The manufacturer told us it's okay to add some jojoba oil to it too. You might try that.

And Dan's having them work on this issue with it.