Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Adult on Accutane

Accutane and Dryness - How long before it happens?

Hello everybody! I just started Accutane this past week and I took my fourth pill today. I was wondering how soon I could expect the dryness to kick in. I started using CeraV moisturizing cream and face wash now in addition to using Vaseline a couple times a day in order to keep the dryness at a minimum, but I don't know if this will prevent the dryness from happening at all since I'm already moisturizing my skin. Thoughts?

i guess it depends on how oily you are to begin with, and your dosage. i was very oily before starting accutane but i was pretty much completely dry in 4 or 5 days. and i was even on a low dose for my weight. from what i read on here most people don't starting noticing a change in oil production till the second or third week.

so i guess everyone is different. im not as dry as i was in those first two weeks as i am now though...

I started to notice my skin drying out about 5-6 days into treatment. It is worse around my nose and under my chin.

The inside of my nose has gotten dry too, causing a bloody nose and some bloody mucus.

I'm on 100mgs a day and noticed my lips were the first thing to start drying out. They were starting to get dry the same day/next day of popping my first pill. My skin didn't start getting dry for about 2 weeks into my course. On my face -- it started producing more oil before the oil stopped.