Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Billie Jean

How long do I have to wait before taking action?

It has now been six months since I stopped taking accutane and I still have a lot of scars in my face. I'm sick and tired of looking like a WWI trench battlefield in my face and want to take action now. I can't do another six months of waiting, especially not in the winter. I use a cover stick everytime I go out but there is only so much it can do. It helps me with my red marks but not the scars.

What can I do? I have tried ACV, different kinds of anti-acne scar lotions/peels etc. but nothing seems to help. I want to do laser/dermabrasion/whatever treatments but I don't know if I can. Some people say you have to wait 12 months after accutane before doing anything like that, others say 18 months and some say six.

How long do I have to wait or can I do it right now?

It's been only a little over 4 months since I've stopped my course. I'm going to wait until Feb to start laser treatment. By that time it'd be about 8-9 months since the Accutane treatment. I don't want to wait a full year because I don't believe it's necessary. 8-9 months in my opinion is a good enough wait, although I have heard waiting 6 months is okay. Others have said to wait for a year, but I'm too impatient to wait that long. I want to start the treatment before next spring. But yeah check with your derm or PS.

Why don't you ask your doctor, see what his professional opinion is? but i waited a year and had dermabrasion done.

I asked her and she said that I just had to wait and that I should use foundation if I want to cover it up.