Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Short2003

Face washing tips

I use liquid foundation and I am really trying not to use any cleanser/soap on my face..

Does anyone know of any great face washing techniques that will clean my skin fairly well?

I do a few different things

put a wet towel over my face for a few minutes then wash

stay in the shower for a longer period of time with water just rushing on my face using a circular motion with my hands

take a bath and soak my face

Anyone have any suggestions?

Sure, the best way to clean your face is to use oil as oil dissolved oil and unclogs pores.

I personally could not use olive oil as it broke me out. Instead I use the most acne friendly natural oil out there which is sweet almond oil.

What you need are clean face cloths. A bottle of natural sweet almond oil. Keep it in the shower with you. Wash your face with just water then put some almond oil in your hands and wash your face with that. Rinse. After staying in the shower/bath for a while and your pores are opened up use your face cloth and gently exfoliate your skin with it avoiding any active acne areas.

I've read that milky lotion can take off makeup. I used my facial moisturizer as a makeup remover once and it did a decent job. I prefer olive oil, though.

If you wear makeup, it's essential imo to make sure it is washed off each night. I think you would be better off using a gentle cleanser to be sure it is all off, rather than smearing it around with hot water or oil. There's still going to be residue. yuck!

If you wear makeup, it's essential imo to make sure it is washed off each night. I think you would be better off using a gentle cleanser to be sure it is all off, rather than smearing it around with hot water or oil. There's still going to be residue. yuck!

I could never use anything with oil, Id break out like CRAZY, lol..

For some reason it seems that I get a reaction from cleansers and soaps and they make my face dry.. I'm currently on accutane so my skin is already pretty dry.. I have used Almay Moisturizing Oil Free Makeup Remover clothes which work fairly well...I've been using mineral make-up to try and give my skin a break while Im using accutane.. Just trying to soften the blow..

It is a myth that all oils clog pores. Some are very friendly to acne prone skin. I use DHC cleansing oil & it rinses off clean, no residue at all.

Cetaphil for normal to oily skin is effective in getting my makeup off also.

I've heard great things about DHC Deep Cleansing Oil too. I want to try but you need a membership to this Japanese store nearby that carries DHC products. I don't know if it's a monthly-pay membership or what...

Use a product to wash the makeup off! I'm currently using something bad for my face at the moment [ :shifty: ] and can't give any other recommendation other than Diana Yvonne's Rose Cleanser. Very gentle, non-drying, and removes makeup well (my opinion).

I've heard great things about DHC Deep Cleansing Oil too. I want to try but you need a membership to this Japanese store nearby that carries DHC products. I don't know if it's a monthly-pay membership or what...

I just order it online from their website :shrug:

They send you tons of free samples all the time once you're on their mailing list too :dance:

Of course, its slightly dangerous as it makes you want to buy other products :D

If you have a shoppers drug mart or something like it around where you live go check out this product.

Jouviance complexe magistral.

EcoPurifying Cleansing Milk.

I buy the 3 in one normal to dry skin formula. it is a makeup remover, cleanser, and moisturizer all in one.

Honestly it has next to no chemicals in it and lots of people who have acne prone skin that i am friends with use it. including me. It gets make up off. all you have to do it apply it, leave it for about 2 minutes on your face and then whipe it off with a damp cloth or wash away in the shower.

If you have a shoppers drug mart they probably would give you a sample to take home and try.

Its not like anything you have ever seen, it come out of the bottle almost like a sun screen. its really nice, ha ha yeah.

I use liquid foundation and I am really trying not to use any cleanser/soap on my face..

Does anyone know of any great face washing techniques that will clean my skin fairly well?

I do a few different things

put a wet towel over my face for a few minutes then wash

stay in the shower for a longer period of time with water just rushing on my face using a circular motion with my hands

take a bath and soak my face

Anyone have any suggestions?

I have found not letting the water in the shower hit my face to help drastically. I mean you can still wash your face in the shower, but I think its better to splash your face with water, making a cup with your hands.

i second cleansing oils. they are absolutely wonderful!!!! i use mac cleanse-off oil. you just take a couple pumps and massage it all over your face. cleansing oils emulsify with water, so everything just rinses away with no oily residue.

If you have a shoppers drug mart or something like it around where you live go check out this product.

Jouviance complexe magistral.

EcoPurifying Cleansing Milk.

I buy the 3 in one normal to dry skin formula. it is a makeup remover, cleanser, and moisturizer all in one.

I found where to buy online and they are sold out!! Argh! Instead I bought something else I will keep an eye on that and order when it's in stock..

http://well.ca/products/juice-beauty-organ...-milk_8044.html

What do you think of this?