Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stephen01

Those of you that avoid dairy have you tried Organic?

Just wondering if all of you that completely avoid dairy products (milk, cheese, yogurt, ect) have tried any organic dairy products like Horizon Organic milk?? I drink a lot of milk because it's almost essential when drinking protein shakes and things to bulk up. I can't really stand whey protein mixed in water. Especially since I can hardly stand it whey period. But I've started drinking only the Horizon brand organic milk the last few weeks. It's suppose to be produced without the use of any antibiotics, added hormones, pesticides, ect. The antibiotics and hormones in milk would have to be what's mostly actually causing acne I would think. Anyone else tried the Horizon Organic before??

It's not just the antibiotics or added hormones.

ALL dairy breaks me out because I am allergic to casein (dairy protein). There's also the IGF-1 and lactose that can give some people problems.

I drink protein shakes, not to bulk up ha ha but to get me started in the morning, but milk is not even an option for me because I am lactose intolerant.

My suggestion to you, instead of organic milk... because its still dairy... try soy milk, or rice milk. I love it! and it keeps me from getting flare ups because I know when I used to drink milk as soon as i would have a glass, all the acne that was under the skin would flare up and be super red.

Try soy or rice milk if you cant stand water in a shake like me, I hate water based shakes too.

I drink protein shakes, not to bulk up ha ha but to get me started in the morning, but milk is not even an option for me because I am lactose intolerant.

My suggestion to you, instead of organic milk... because its still dairy... try soy milk, or rice milk. I love it! and it keeps me from getting flare ups because I know when I used to drink milk as soon as i would have a glass, all the acne that was under the skin would flare up and be super red.

Try soy or rice milk if you cant stand water in a shake like me, I hate water based shakes too.

the protein in rice milk and soy milk absolutely sucks for building muscle. low quality proteins. casein protein from real milk is actually very good for building muscle.

I'd agree with the others. Cow's milk was just not ment for human consumption. Period.

Well, clearly, a small portion of the human race has evolved to thrive off of dairy products; it just so happens that not all of us are fit for safe dairy consumption.

I'd agree with the others. Cow's milk was just not ment for human consumption. Period.

Really?? That's fascinating. Are apples and carrots meant for human consumption? How about cucumbers? How about FISH EGGS (caviar)? Are fish eggs meant for human consumption?

Do you see the point I'm making here, or do I have to explain it to you? ;)

Water in whey protein taste great.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I use whey protein isolate from Jay robb... very good brand... gives me gas etc >_<

but it is the best tasting whey protein!!!

with only 4 ingredient , ^^