Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mycrazyacne

Progesterone HELP!

Hi Guys,

I'm new here and have searched the boards on progesterone cream. I've found a few postings, but most are related to OTC creams. I was just prescribed a cream from my doctor that was sent from a compounding pharmacy. Anyone have any experience with this? He prescribed this cream to me because after completing a salvia test, it showed I had VERY low progesterone levels.

I have horrible blackheads that completely cover my nose, and cystic acne that is around my chin line. I've also developed horrible hair growth on my chest, belly, toes, etc... I've tried everything from laser treatments, chemical peels, etc....I guess the progesterone cream is my last resort. If ANYONE has any experience with this please help me! I really want to know if taking this 50% "Natural" 50% synthetic hormone is really going to do the trick!

I'm just tired of shelling out endless amounts of money for treatments that insurance doesn't cover! (Don't get me started on that one! LOL) :lol:

There have been discussions over on the Nutrition and Holistic board. And there's at least one person who got results from topical Progesterone.

I also have hirsutism, and because of the discussions, I decided to try it, but it gave me cramps, which I usually don't have, and a heavier period. So I quit.

If you are deficient in progesterone, you should consider worrying about your adrenal glands which is where progesterone is produced. Look into adrenal fatigue and reduce stress, sleep well, and eat real food.

There have been discussions over on the Nutrition and Holistic board. And there's at least one person who got results from topical Progesterone.

I also have hirsutism, and because of the discussions, I decided to try it, but it gave me cramps, which I usually don't have, and a heavier period. So I quit.

If you are deficient in progesterone, you should consider worrying about your adrenal glands which is where progesterone is produced. Look into adrenal fatigue and reduce stress, sleep well, and eat real food.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I've heard that about the cramps/heavy period...I DON'T Want that!!! For the first time in my life I don't have a horrible period or cramps and I feel MUCH better than I ever have! After having my daughter is when my body went crazy. I am under a TON of stress, so maybe that is my problem!!! Thanks so much for your help! I'll look into the adrenal stuff...any suggestions are appreciated!!!