Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rays12010

I want to go on Accutane

Im 16 years old. Ive been going to a dermatologist for about 8 months. My acne is not severe at all. I basically just get pimples and the zits on my chin, around my mouth, and some on my cheek. I started on Retin-A for a while and now I am on doxycycline and im about to finish my course. It hasnt made much improvement and my acne has gotten worse if anything. My derm during my last two visits has brought up accutane saying I could possibly go on it but he wanted to explore other options before. My next step after doxycycline is like tetracycline but I would rather just go on accutane. How should I tell my derm that I dont want to go on the tetracycline and just go on the accutane?

How long have you dealt with acne? What all have you tried on your acne?

I'm 26 and have dealt with acne for like 12 - 13 years. I had tried everything from over the counter acne meds to prescriptions meds and creams and washes. Basically if you name I've tried it. My acne is on my face, shoulders and back. It's no where near severe but I have dealt with it for so long and tried so many things that my derm put me on accutane after trying other prescriptions medicines for about 8 months first.

Ive had acne for labout 3 years and before the derm all of the over the counter products didnt work for me. I just dont want to have to deal with it anymore and if my doctor thinks that im definately going to go on accutane why not just take it now