Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stolis8

Help Getting Started on B5

Hi,

I'm interested in taking the B5 regimen, but I have several questions before I begin:

1. I have seen almost everyone using 500 mg pills. Why are people not buying the 1000 mg pills so they don't have to take as many?

2. I have read that pantethine is more effective than B5. Correct? Incorrect? Should this be implimented in the regimen?

3. Should the regimen incorporate L-Carnitine?

4. I am currently on Dan's regimen, and it has cleared me up (only use in the middle of my face and forehead), except I get a descent amount of redness and dryness (although my face gets oily by the end of the day). Any suggestions on how I can slowly come off Dan's regimen while beginning B5? Or should I try a mixture of both? I would prefer to squelch any IB from the B5 with Dan's regimen. By the way, I only apply Dan's BP during the day.

5. Is there any particular brand of B5 that is more effective?

6. What is the precise regimen I should follow during the beginning weeks?

7. What other suppliments must I be taking along with B5? (Biotin/ B complex?) I already take vitamin C and a multi-vitamin.

8. I only get acne (knock on wood) in the middle of my face and my forehead. And those are the only areas were I get oily...the rest of my face is dry and clear. Could B5 potentially change this?

Sorry for the ton of questions. If anyone would be nice enough to answer them, I would honestly greatly appreciate it. This is just the first time I would be taking an oral treatment against acne, and I'm a little nervous.

I actually am not on the B5 program, but I will try to help you out as much as I can. You should chec out pwolly's thread, since he is and has been clear by using JUST b5 for a while, and he had cystic acne.

4. I am currently on Dan's regimen, and it has cleared me up (only use in the middle of my face and forehead), except I get a descent amount of redness and dryness (although my face gets oily by the end of the day). Any suggestions on how I can slowly come off Dan's regimen while beginning B5? Or should I try a mixture of both? I would prefer to squelch any IB from the B5 with Dan's regimen. By the way, I only apply Dan's BP during the day.

Hey,

Thank you for the reply and advice.

But regarding the topicals, I definitely do not agree with you. Before Dan's regimen, I would always get blemishes in the middle of my face and forehead. If I did not apply any medication, those areas would surely be out of control by now. The rest of my face is not prone to acne simply because....well, its just not prone to acne. Nobody says it has to be symmetrical. I never had to apply medication to those areas because they never got bad, as opposed to other parts of my face. Besides, I heard that getting blemishes near the mouth area is related to hormonal imbalances during adolescence. I'm 19, so hopefully I will outgrow it?

I'm the same way, as in I get pimples around my chin a lot, but that was actually due to consistently using topicals. Since I've stopped, I don't get as many pimples in that area.

This is the thread you need to check out:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/B5-I-m-cl...61#entry2416161

Thanks Karma. But since BP really works for eliminating any blemishes for me, I would feel stupid getting off. I think I may try taking a low dosage BP, and see if that does anything for me. If it does, I can slowly take myself off the topical products.

And still looking for answers to questions above :surprised: