Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
computergirl

After Stopinfg Accutane Getting New Scars!!!!!!

I did a 5 month course $0mg of Accutane that ended March 22. Around mid June I noticed That I was getting indentation scars on my face!! I never had any scars pre tane. I only had enlaged pores and bad blackheads and the Doc said Tane was safe for this. Now at 6 months off tane I have about 25 indentations scars with more coming everyday!!! I am Freaking Out. Does anyone know what is happening. Is the tane attacking my body because it was too strong for my acne. Do you know if this is temp or when it will stop!! I can't wake up every day to new scars. I am ready to kill myself. The doc wanted to do V beam laser to help with the scaring but I won't let a laser near me now and the other doc said not to do anything for a year.

So what is this, is it going to ever stop how bad can it get!!! Is there anything I can do to stop it. I looked at the posts here and I am taking many vitmins that you guys said are good for scaring and I am using MSM, hyliponioc acid Vit C DMAE creams to try to help but still everyday more scars. Please help.

The only thing I did was 1 IPL 4 months off tane but I am getting scars in places that the IPL did not touch. In fact I put Retin A on to try to stop the scars and I got scars where I put the Retin A (on my eyelids) that I know the IPL didn't go near. It seems like my skin is not healing right from the Tane.

Please help any knowledge and advise I would greatly appriciate. I don't know if I caN LIVE LIKE THIS NOT KNOWING HOW BAD IT WILL GET AND IF I CAN DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT

As no one else has replied to you I will, if you read through the forums you'll find several cases of people who never scarred with acne then during/following accutane they did. Stories like yours come up every few months. If the scars are indented they are permanent if they are just red they will fade.

Thanks for replying Tom!!!! Lamarr also answered me in the Accutane forum. He told me the same thing happened to him and that by taking an anti histimine they finally stopped. Of course I rushed out an got an anti histimine and started taking it right away. The jury is still out if it makes it stop, he said it will take at least a couple of days to kick in. I sure hope it does!!! I can't live with waking up every day to new scaring that appears from nowhere it is like your worst nightmare, your skin scaring all of a x sudden and you don't know how bad it is going to get and when or if it will ever stop!!!!!

Could you direct me to the other posts that talk about the others getting it I am searching but can't find them.

Did the people that it happen to have any resoluson. Did they ever stop and after how long and how bad did it get. Did they find that anti histimine or mirtazapine (an anti depressant that La maarr said made his stop that I am problably going to start taking) make them stop.

Also Lamarr stated that after they stop that they are easier get rid of than tradional scars from acne because they don't have as much fiborious tissue as regular scars. Have you heard anything about that and how long should I wait after they stop to try to help them and what methods are the safest most efective on them. As you can imagine I am sooo terrified right now. I just hope I can get them to stop taking over my face right now!!!!

Please anyone with info on this please help any input I would be forever grateful for!!

As no one else has replied to you I will, if you read through the forums you'll find several cases of people who never scarred with acne then during/following accutane they did. Stories like yours come up every few months. If the scars are indented they are permanent if they are just red they will fade.

No you don't understand, this is a condition in which SPONTANEOUS scaring of the face occurs. Meaning atrophic scars of irregular shapes and sizes form with NO proceeding lesions. It is called AMVC. Google AMVC SCARRING.

The anti depressant works because it has anti histamine effects. I know histamine is related to this problem somehow.

The best way to avoid this IMO and from my experience, is DO NOT squeeze, even black/whiteheads ever...even non inflamed acne

Also, do NOT rub your face with a towel, you have to be EXTRA careful and gentle with your skin...there might be a topical that you are using that is causing it to worsen...and over drying your skin can make it worse as well

Revert back to your old skin care reg, internal and external, it might help to take copper sebacate or a little zinc for a while too...and make sure you are not over drying or rubbing your skin too hard

I had this happen to me unknowingly after using a serum that had arbutin in it (which converts to the dreaded HQ)...its these chemicals which can really dampen skin's response to heal, messing with collagen and elastin...

Cryakta brother, i had spontaneous scarring when i hadn't had a blemish in weeks. It is not from touching the skin in anyway. It is an inflammatory reaction triggered by god knows what. My scars wear small linear lines, nothing like what you get from a spot or anything like that.

My derm was astonded, he had never seen anything like it.

Cryakta brother, i had spontaneous scarring when i hadn't had a blemish in weeks. It is not from touching the skin in anyway. It is an inflammatory reaction triggered by god knows what. My scars wear small linear lines, nothing like what you get from a spot or anything like that.

HOLY SHIT!! that must be fucking horrifying....thank god u spoke up lamarr...listen to what he says computer girl!

It has been awhile since my first post about this. The scarring has seemed to stop or at least slow way way down. The enlarged/scared pores on my nose and some on my cheeks keep coming and coming it seems like more each day. It is f**king driving me insane.

I do believe now the the scaring might have come as a result of the IPL that the assh**e doc did on me when i was only 2 months off Tane claiming it was safe because it was not a laser. What an assh**e.

Thank God for people like Lamarr that took the time out to help me and suggested what to do and not do. The Thing about no Vitimin A or Retin a Products or Omegas saved me. I actucally burned more scars into the side of my eyelids from using Retin A trying to stop the spontanous scaring and when Lamarr said to that what was causing it it made sense and I. I ordered the yellow, red/infra red LED Lights from TheLED MAN and will be using them to hopefully help my skin. I did a light dermaroll on my face, nose and I think it might have made the enlarged pores scars worse. My skin is probalby not ready for it. Lamarr said to do the lights but wait no the dermarolling a few more monthes. He also said to use teropline. I am going to usew the lights and I will order the teropline but will the Lights and the teropline help without the Dermaroller or do they just help with healing after the Dermaroller. I think ther Lights if anything might work without the rolling but I don't know about the teroline. Any thoughts???

Has anyone used the LEDs without rolling and seen progress. What about the teropline? What is the differnece between the yellow and the infa red lights. What is the yellow good for and how is it different from the others.

I also contacted Frank at Traditions in Carmel (it is like a 2 hour drive from me) to see what he recommends. If and/or when he thinks needling/dermarolling will help me.

I also have many old and new white stretch marks that I have been dermarolling, thanks to Lamarrs suggestion that seem to be fading. I want to know what he thinks about the overall sucess rate with treating these with needling, derma roller or permenant make up (only the ones in areas that i never plan to tan) is.

Again thanks everyone for your concern, I am still trying to come to terms with this. I have my good days and bad days. The sad thing is it is taking over my life and i don;t want it too. i just want to have a normal life. My boyfriend is ready to bail, he can't understand why it bothers me soo much and says I should just get over it. Yeah sure that is easy to say when you are not the one with the scaring.

What I think, I think they should have a ance, scaring Dating site. Just like they have dating sites for, Jewish people, for overweight people and for certain other criteria they should have a dating site for people with acne/scaring to find each other. It would make it so much easier. They would know what you are going through and won't judge you and you wouldn't have to feel self concious with them. They would be supportive as you tried to help yourself instead of thinking you are crazy, heck they would be right there with you getting trewatment. What a great first date, hey want to go get scar treatment with me!!!!! LOL The only problem I can see with this situation is if one person gets better results than the other person with treatment!!! LOL

Everyone stay safe, keep your head up, try to stay positive, love yourself and don't give up hope together we can get through this.

I will keep you posted on my progress

xoxo,

Amy

HOLY SHIT!! that must be fucking horrifying....thank god u spoke up lamarr...listen to what he says computer girl!

Hey Amy,

Keep your head up, there is light at the end of the tunnel, Im working at it too...my AMVC was chemically induced via alpha arbutin...very upsetting, especially combined with the stress of starting my graduate school soon

I had my acne under control, and scarring was very workable...then this came and in 1 months time changed everything (Oct 08)...I only used it for like 27 days or so...thats all it needed...but its more of a mind trip, the scarring I got is not that bad at all...but I perceive it differently (you know the deal)

People like us who have dealt with scarring and acne have VERY sensitive skin, be it to DHT, bacteria, parasites, histamines, strong lasers etc...they all affect us more so than people with regular skin

So please be gentle, I am patient with waiting to start my rolling, I too have the LEDs (660/880 and yellow)...been using them 2-3 times a week to prepare my skin and possibly heal some wounds/new scars...but will be rolling come this Feb...and will update here over like 7-9 months

good luck girl we can get through this