Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
perkie

My Birth control log!!

hi all, so after months and months of contemplating, i finally decided to go on BC, plus i was always sexually active and got sick of the whole pregnancy scares thing. i also have severe menstrual cramps and BC helps with that. i also have very moderate acne, i have non-inflamed ones (from the massive amount of makeup i wear :/) and definitely hormonal acne too.

i am on OCELLA which is the generic for yasmin. i was never on yasmin before, this is my first ever BCP.

i am currently on my first week of placebo pills (4th week) and my hormonal acne has cleared up a LOT, i use to have these cysts all over my mouth area and they're pretty much all gone.

side effects: no negative side effects. but i have bigger boobs (was an A cup now a B cup.. yay), i lost soo much weight (i weigh 100 lbs now), and im happy pretty much ALL the time. :) no nausea or anything like that. oh yeah, and ironically, i am horny ALL the time (apparently yasmin is supposed to lower your sex drive, well i always want sex now, prob a mental thing since i know i wont get pregnant haha)

i'll keep posting!!

OMG THANK GOD FOR YOU.

THE FIRST PERSON NOT TO SCARE ME ABOUT BCPS.

you sound like youre doing great! please update frequently!

do you have any body acne, btw, if you don't mind me asking?

I was scared to DEATH about bcp too--which is why I took soo many months to finally give in!! I realized: the only ppl who come here whining about how bcp didnt work for them, is the ppl that still have acne/ some because they didnt wait long enough or they switched bcps... well, think of all the ppl that DID clear up from bcp- they just dont come on this site anymore..

But to answer ur question, no, I dont have any body acne, its my facial acne thats always been a problem.

Hope it works out for you. I have what I think is hormonal acne. I was on birth control (Yasmin) and it worked pretty well. Just curious, how much is a monthly supply of the generic? I had to stop the Yasmin due to my insurance not covering it. Also, my sister-in-law and a girl I work with got pregnant while taking Yasmin regularly. My co-worker's doctor told her afterwards that Yasmin has a high failure rate for some reason. It seems to work well for acne so don't stop taking it. Just don't use it as your sole form of birth control. Good luck.

I was scared to DEATH about bcp too--which is why I took soo many months to finally give in!! I realized: the only ppl who come here whining about how bcp didnt work for them, is the ppl that still have acne/ some because they didnt wait long enough or they switched bcps... well, think of all the ppl that DID clear up from bcp- they just dont come on this site anymore..

But to answer ur question, no, I dont have any body acne, its my facial acne thats always been a problem.

you know, youre very right

well i hope things keep working out for you. i'm also scared that ill be on bcps and then things will just stop working. that seems to happen with every medication! sooo frustrating. ughh

you know, youre very right

well i hope things keep working out for you. i'm also scared that ill be on bcps and then things will just stop working. that seems to happen with every medication! sooo frustrating. ughh

hey guys! just an update.. I am finishing up my 2nd week of 2nd pack of ocella.. my hormonal acne is doing well, all the cysts I had around my mouth area are gone, but I still have the little ones that are from clogged pores from the ton of makeup I wear!! i dunno how Im gonna get rid of those but hey at least the cysts are gone.. (knocks on wood), Im only on my 2nd pack, hopefully I will see even more dramatic change when Im on my 3rd one!!

Just letting ya'll know that my skin isnt going crazy or anything from bcp :)

blahh, i only posted that yesterday and i think i jinxed myself.

i had a couple deep pimples today, like 3-4 on my cheeks, i just did an extraction of them though so hopefully they'll go away :/ I just hate how i always have to pick and pick, and they go away, but then more come. argg

hey all i just started my 3rd pack yesterday!! my skin has definitely improved a lot, before i started bcp, i had cysts all over lower mouth area, now i have no cysts. yay..... will post again after 3rd pack is done :)

SO GLAD TO HEAR SOMEONE DOING GOOD ON YASMIN! ha ha wow. I just started, I am on my 3rd day and I was sooo scared from all these posts that I was going to get severe cystic acne.

just finished my 1st week of 3rd month!!!! skin is looking good, i mean none of the deep hormonal ones. i still have little bumps probably from clogged pores and makeup.

also, really bad acne scars, like reallllyy bad.

but yes this bc is working:)

this week has been horribly depressing though, ive been crying so much. but then again thats because of some depressing things happening in my life, could just be a coincidence

today i see some under-the-skin bumps. i have 1 in moustache area and like 2 on the side of my mouth. last weekend i partied hard and didnt wash my face for like 20 hours so...

started my 3rd week of 3rd pack yesterday...............only need to take it 6 more days and im done with the 3rd month. my acne has definitely gotten so much better.... but i keep sleeping with my makeup on grr!!! its causing me breakouts.

I want to go on BCP but i've always been afraid of the scare. Going into a derm in a couple of weeks, I'll ask her about it. I'm pretty sure my acne is hormonal, so I would think BCP would help, but you never know. Good to hear about your success. And wash your face! You'll be so much happier :] good luck!

I have been on Yasmin for almost 2 years now. I never had a problem with it! however, i was never afraid to be on BC.

I started off taking Diana 35 (which was supposed to be the best BC for acne...) but it made me EXTREMELY emotional and moody and I could tell that it was affecting my behaviour. It also is a pill designed for acne... and not birth control... and after doing some research i found many articles questioning the pills safety...

so it is safe to say that I asked for a different kind. and I was perscribed Yasmin. I loved it. The only down side is that when i added all the new hormones to my body i broke out pretty badly at the beginning but it helps me stay clear now.

I also lost weight, my cramps were more tolerable, but my breasts never grew :( lol. I also enjoy the 99% effectiveness, and always knowing when my period will come

As for my skin... i still break out the week before my period, but they are miniscule hardly noticeable pimples. Overall, I would say it improved my break outs 95%. And i also like the fact that it is a contraceptive.

I know a lot of girls who do not have problems with their skin and are on Yasmin just because it is a good birth control pill. I would definately recommend it.

i think i'll be starting on ortho tri-cyclen soon and then if that doesn't work out then maybe yamin

so scare dof the initial breakouts though!

hello! i just finished my 3rd pack today!!!!! :-D

i am soo happy with the results so far. dramatic results!! im really loving ocella/yasmin...

cant wait to see what happens next month!! hope everything stays good :) loovee it as a contraceptive too hehe

ps.still 100 lbs, nice B cup breasts, no depression/moodiness or anything like that. oh and still really high sex drive hehe

you know, i got prescribed otc, and am starting next month, but from your results i sorta wanna try yaz or yasmin!

i also might do otc lo first

i dunno which one to choose!

ahh soo many options

and i feel like theres no time to try them all cause you have to be on them for like 3 months before you see really dramatic results right?

so if i tried all those, itd be a whole year!

hopefully ill find one thats great the first time!

i started my 4th pack today.

when i wash my skin its really smooth except for some of the bumps i have on my cheeks..they are from clogged pores and lots of makeup..i dont have any cysts like i use to get all the time..those were probably hormonal.

i have soo many red marks from acne..they look horrible so i always have to wear makeup.. i think i have some dented scars too :(

i am hoping for bc to keep on working :)

i started my 4th pack today.

when i wash my skin its really smooth except for some of the bumps i have on my cheeks..they are from clogged pores and lots of makeup..i dont have any cysts like i use to get all the time..those were probably hormonal.

i have soo many red marks from acne..they look horrible so i always have to wear makeup.. i think i have some dented scars too :(

i am hoping for bc to keep on working :)

hey perkie, just a thought, but i know i get way less clogged pores now, even when i sleep in make-up (like last night... oops), due to the use of retin-a. i still have some tiny ones arounf my nose, which are there regardless of what i do to my face :rolleyes: but they really don't bother me.

you'd probably use a really low percent tretinoin, and you might break out at first, but it's worth a shot!

of course, if they don't bother you, disregard what i'm saying. little clogged pores never really bothered me much, and the removal of them by the retin-a was just a pleasant side-effect to what i was really after

hello! my skin is looking good, i luv washing my face now hehe cause its so much smoother than before..... i had this cyst on my chin area, dunno why that came but i think it worsened cause i kept squeezing it, but its going away now. i also break out like on my hairline but u cant see them so they don't bother me. bottom line is, im really happy with ocella, im so glad that i started bc :]

good for you! I'm on ocella (10 bucks?) too (switched from yasmin which seemed to work maybe a little better). best decision i ever made. cleared my skin up better than anything from the derms. if anyone is even considering it i say at least give it a try. and another plus i was always VERY boy shaped and after bcp got boobs and no weight gain (just different distribution). most my firends who are on it also saw their skin clear up a lot. i say GO FOR IT:).

hey all i just finished my 4th pack im on my placebo week now. i still break out of course but they are nothing big, mostly little bumps here and there. right now my red marks and dented scars (BLAH) are bugging me the most. i use to get a bunch of cysts on my lower face area before i started bc, and they are leaving dented marks!!!! idk if these are permanent or what, but it makes my skin look bumpy and weird. i havent been too strict with taking the pills right on time lately, im so lazy but i make sure i take them within the hour, usually i'm only like 5-10 minutes off which shouldn't matter at all. i just hope i never get preggy on this hehe cause i am using it as a contraceptive as well

im on my 4th month placebo week and i think im breaking out on my t zone :| im getting pustules on my moustache area which i havent gotten in a while, and i have a lot of little bumps on my forehead. but the rest of my face is quite clear :]

oh and i switched makeup to almay as of today