Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

found out my doc couldn't prescribe accutane and I need to go to the derm

how long does it take to get a derm appointment? I was thinking by next week but my mo keeps sayin it will at least take 2 months........... is this tru??

Only one derm in my state was taking new patients, took me a few months to find her and get an appointment, then another 4 months before I actually started accutane.

It's a long process, if youre a guy its a bit easier, but don't expect to be starting tane next week.

My initial appointment (before I started on Accutane) was about a month after I scheduled it. Then during a follow-up appointment my doctor suggested I start Accutane. I got the blood work done and picked up my first prescription three days later. Be patient: expect this to take some time. Many dermatologists only like to use Accutane as a last resort, so your dermatologist might try some other methods before starting a course.

i had to wait about 3 and a half months. was supposed to be only 2 and half, but it got rescheduled a couple times due to my derm having a death in the family, and he had to fill in for another derm up north for a bit for some unknown reason.