Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mitchie

Dairy Question

Okay so i see that many people have "removed" dairy from their diet. I did a little research online and mainly found that it was skim milk that "might" be tied to acne. But to my real question, i workout everyday and drink a protein shake right after, which includes milk. Id like to stay away from acne, but i don't want to lose my build either. At the moment i pretty much have zero acne due to Dan's regimen, but im just worried that milk might be my face's kryptonite. What are your thoughts?

I dropped dairy about 2 weeks ago, and my face has never looked better. I've been getting by just fine on soy milk. I actually like it better! Im not too worried about loosing my awesome body (xD), and im thinking just staying on my workout plan will keep me fit. Its just a small diet change, and im sure you'll find a way around it. Good luck!

P.S You can just make the protein shake with tofu and soy milk. I do this and it works just great! It also tastes pretty good xD

Well, not everyone will break out from dairy, I love and eat cheese a lot and i stay clear. But as for milk, I drink rice milk just because I hate the taste of cow's milk. But anyway, if it never broke you out before, i don't think it will now. You can try cutting it out though and see if it makes a difference, and just use soymilk with your shakes.

Okay so i see that many people have "removed" dairy from their diet. I did a little research online and mainly found that it was skim milk that "might" be tied to acne. But to my real question, i workout everyday and drink a protein shake right after, which includes milk. Id like to stay away from acne, but i don't want to lose my build either. At the moment i pretty much have zero acne due to Dan's regimen, but im just worried that milk might be my face's kryptonite. What are your thoughts?

Why would a human being need to drink milk which was intended for a baby calf with three stomachs who gains hundreds of pounds in its first year of life?

This is why in order for humans to even be able to slurp cow's breast pus (milk), we must first de-fat it, pasteurize it, homogenize it, heat it and then add more nutrients to it. Even then, it is all too difficult for your body to assimilate this "food" source. This is why so many people end up with dairy allergies--because lactose was not meant for the human body! Why is it that we have an epidemic of osteoporosis in America where the dairy consumption is the highest, and why is it, that the cases of osteoporosis in Japan decades ago were virtually nonexistent where dairy consumption was null? Add to this the numerous studies published by Loma Linda University about the health risks of dairy products... would you like to develop prostate cancer later on in life? Then continue with not only milk, but cheese, butter and other foods disguised as being "healthy" - there is no better way to accelerate osteoporosis and various types of cancers.

The American dairy industry will do everything in its power to continue to dupe society into believing that we need cow's pus in order to get our required calcium and protein to be healthy--or specifically, to have strong bones.

The choice is yours, and you have two options. The first is to continue being a milk sucker, and the second is to start eating real, wholesome food. Food in its natural state; food that doesn't appear to have been grown in a laboratory.

As for protein shakes, I would suggest adding raw hemp powder, as hemp is one of the best sources of protein on the planet.

can you find out if dairy will cause your acne through an allergy or intolerance test? or do you have to cut it out to find out?

also- really? hemp has the best protein. what an interesting fact, september! ill try finding some

but, a few things about your post-

i wont dispute your claims that dairy products may cause cancer, because i dont know for sure that they dont so i cant say anything

but no one ever said that butter, or even cheese, was healthy, and also it wont give you osteoporosis, that i know only because my lactose intolerant great aunt developed osteoporosis while her sister didnt. but this doesnt mean she couldnt have prevented it with another form of calcium, i just dont think dairy did the trick because she almost never consumed any

I haven't dranken milk in years because I hate the taste and it makes me nauseous. I just drink soy milk instead, it's much better tasting and better for you. I have consumed dairy though and I've never noticed it breaking me out, so..

Hi, I have droped MILK from my diet for 4 months, meaning I haven't drank Milk at all. I use to drink, no @#$% about 1 gallon of Milk, at least, on my own every week. And now that I have droped it from my diet, it has virtually done nothing to eliminate my acne. So this is one personal case for you to consider.

I cut dairy out .. and i don't even drink Soy milk...i was never a huge fan of milk or cheese...so it's not too brutal.

My sons cystic acne cleared considerably when we took milk away! I did it twice as an experiment. In his case that was the problem. Then one night we gave him a shake and the next morning he had three cysts.