Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
That Girl

Can I finally have pretty skin? PLEASE? *WITH before & After PICS*

I hope I can help someone by you guys reading. Even if I can help one person, I will be happy.

But, I must help myself first.

Okay, so I have been fighting acne since I was 11 or 12.

I have gone through stages of getting better but nothing has actually worked.

I was on Pro Activ and Birth Control for about 2 years. . . and that helped but never fully cleared me.

So at the beginning of the summer i decided to quit EVERYTHING. No acne medicines, no nothing. All i did was wash my face in the shower and thats it. It worked for a week. Then I broke out worse than I have ever in my life. I was so depressed. The whole summer I looked terrible. And I am not exaggerating.

It was the worst it's ever been. So then, a month ago I started using UT and Tea Tree oil. It helped a lot but I was still breaking out really badly. I didn't leave my house for a month because of it. :(

I went to the doctor one day for a checkup and she noticed how bad my face was. She gave me a medicine that killed bacteria. I took it twice a day for 1 week. It helped my cysts go down very much.

I stayed at my boyfriends house for a week--boy was the embarrassing. His aunt noticed how bad my skin was and it made me sooo upset. She didn't mean to be rude, she was just tryin to help.

Turns out she had some acne medicine that she got from a derm that she never used. She asked if i wanted it & I said yes since it was from a derm & i've never been to one.

The medicine is called erythromycin topical cream with BP in it.

I was scared at first but willing to try anything at this point.

It has been a GOD send! IT has helped me soooooooo much. I went from having 10-15 or more active pimples to having 1 or 2. All I have now are red marks. Which SUCK but Its better than what i had before for sure. I can only HOPE to God, That it will continue working for me and not stop. I really hope I have found my answer, and i hope you find yours too.

I have only been on it for 2 weeks but i just hopeeeee it keeps working! please pray for me or send good thoughts..i need clear skin for once.

In the first pic is my BEFORE. I am wearing a LOT of makeup but you can see where the bumps are. if i didnt have makeup on it would all be super red. The second pic has makeup but notice not as many bumps. (also obviously i got my hair cut recently :D)

also, any tips or advice anyone can give me would be awesome.

post-82197-1222505070_thumb.jpg

post-82197-1222505093_thumb.jpg

post-82197-1222505070_thumb.jpg

post-82197-1222505093_thumb.jpg

Hm so far things have continued to get better. I hope it stays this way. Now i need to find a way to get rid of red marks!!!! then i'd have beautiful skin. my skin is so discolored from acne.