Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

im going to switch off claindamycin since ive been using it for 3 + years. Is proactiv a good alternative?

I tried it and had a bad reaction with it, if your wanting to test it out they do have that cheaper version AcneFree, I've heard it's pretty much the exact same thing, though a good fraction of price. :D

It did miracles for me, but I have used proactive shortly after my Accutane course. So maybe that also played a role.

I guess it pretty much depends on your type of skin, but give it a try you never know. My cousin tried it and it did miracles for her, she now breaks out once in a long while and her marks are gone. I can't say the same thing for me, I bought it too but it just turned my skin really red and I kept breaking out. It just wasn't for me.

Good luck though, it's a question of trial and error.

As with any acne treatment, completely dependent on the user. For me, it broke me out worse then ever before and left nasty red scars. But like the previous posts, for some it works great.

Proactive destroyed my skin. Plain and simple. Sure, it worked for a good six months, but now I've endured chemical peels to correct a lot of the hyperpigmentation it caused.