Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
johnny1

biggest fear on the regimen

im just starting back on the regimen, apart from taking oral antibiotics which i had to stop coz of the side effects, its the only thing that has ever kept things in control. but im so scared being reliant upon this. i know that if i slip up and forget to do the regimen once or twice i get a massive breakout. and in reality its not always possible to use the regimen every day, especially while travelling, camping etc. i feel so trapped by this. i mean what do you guys do when camping and stuff like that?? take the cleanser and bp and moisturiser with u and do the regimen infront of everyone?? i feel so trapped by acne sometimes, like my life has to revolve around it

first of all, i think u should totally get on the reg. its one step closer then if u dont try right? right. and as for camping, trips, etc... wen i go on trips or vacations, i take the travel sized stuff. u can buy small travel containers. camping, i dont take the reg. i just take some baby wipes to clean the dirt and oil off my face before i sleep and wen i wake up.

dont be afraid to start, feering u wont be able to keep a perfect record. u ARE goin g to miss steps on some days and u ARE going to have to pass on certain, if not all steps if u are on a vaca or campin. u are still that much closer.

I know what you're saying man, but the thing is that the regimen, at least for me, just suppresses everything. As soon as i stop I get a massive breakout, which is really disheartening. At the moment I do almost nothing, just spot treat with tea tree oil, and sure I have spots all the time, but at least I feel I can live my life. On the regimen I feel so trapped by it... Also, whenever I start the regimen there is always a massive breakout to begin with and dry red skin. I dunno, im just confused. i guess ill go back on the regimen to get myself clear and hopefully can find a better treatment down the track, maybe accutane, but the side effects scare me so much.

just to clarify that was just a rant before, im not thinking clearly.

im really so grateful for the regimen and the fact that there is something that actually works for me and so many others, even if the are flaws. sometimes i just get upset that I have to go through all these treatments just to have something that resembles normal skin, while my mates wont even wash their faces for weeks on end when we go camping, and have perfect skin. but shit happens.

i noticed you had an internal regimen with fish oil and that kind of thing. does it make a difference?

i guess the one positive about acne is that encourages us to live healthy.